• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ammo scalpers

My time is worth more to me. I have a job... And I highly doubt that standing in line at 4am for hours on end in the cold, and then listing online and shipping stuff or driving to meet people, is gonna pay me anywhere near what I am already making working from home...

If someone has lots of free time and doesn't have a real job, then maybe the $20-$30 an hour profit they make is worthwhile. For some of us, that time spent isn't worth it for us at that price...

So you like me are too lazy for it. The ROI is too low.

Even if I sold it for 500?

Its not the money... I really have no more room for bikes. We have 6 in the garage now, one is leaving tomorrow and I would like to sell one of the others if I am honest.

And I hate the R6. The ergos don't work for me. Brilliant track bike, but I hate riding them...

4yqz3k.gif

Just because it's in an article doesn't mean it's true, logical, or makes any sense at all. It ain't just scalpers, it's literally 90% of gun owners (just about all of us) that will grab any ammo we see on a shelf at normal retail pricing.

There's no ammo I particularly need, but if I see any on the shelf at the local super store or online I'm grabbing. This is different from my behavior the last few years because **** has changed.

Blame scalpers all you want, fact is if you can't find what you want it's because everyone else is looking too and if you ain't first you're last. And that's the way it will be until supply catches up with demand.
The author of the article could have had as his source, for all we know, a bunch of whiny poors and Fudds that just got caught short, again, for this the 4th or 5th "panic" since 1994. Some fools never learn.

What I'll never understand is people who claim they hate all the flippers on the ODT, but also claim they don't need any ammo.

If you don't need ammo, then why are you going through the ammunition classifieds looking at prices?

Obviously, like the flippers, you have too much free time on your hands.

I just don’t care about any of this. I have plenty of ammo. I am not selling my ammo and I have no need to buy ammo. I still shoot. If people want to get up at 4am to buy ammo and then resell it to those who don’t want to wake up at 4am, who cares? I would not get up at 4am for free gold bars! But if I (or any of you) really want/need ammo, then get your asses up at 4am and buy some ammo at Academy or wherever.

Back
Top Bottom