• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ammo prices

Are people really buying this overpriced ammo???

• No, because I'm competent

Votes: 18 64.3%
  • YeS bEcAuSe AmMo Is RaRe

Votes: 10 35.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love it... Every time we have a crisis, whether a mass shooting or a 'pandemic' or widespread riots people start wailing about the price of ammo.

They suddenly expect to be able to get ammo at Walmart or Academy for the same price they could have six months ago when nothing was going on and ammo companies were giving rebates to move their products.

Yeah, people may be selling ammo on ODT at an exorbitant price. So what?

If you can actually buy it cheaper at some store then do it and stop whining. My guess is you probably can't though, because every ammo retailer, online and local is seeing deliveries in fits and starts and while a store may sell it for a reasonable price, if it's not in stock it's a moot point.

It boggles my mind how badly so many gun owners failed to prepare for this. It's not like we didn't see it coming.

I can give a pass to all the new gun owners that suddenly realized that a gun is handy to have around when there's rioters in the streets and the police have been defended.

But anyone who had a gun in 2013 should have been buying a lifetime supply when they were basically giving ammo away from 2016 through fall of 2019.

If you went through the post Sandy Hook shortage and don't have a couple of thousand rounds of you favorite calibers, then consider this price 'gouging' ( aka 'the free market') as a stupidity tax, and learn to do better next time.

I love it... Every time we have a crisis, whether a mass shooting or a 'pandemic' or widespread riots people start wailing about the price of ammo.

They suddenly expect to be able to get ammo at Walmart or Academy for the same price they could have six months ago when nothing was going on and ammo companies were giving rebates to move their products.

Yeah, people may be selling ammo on ODT at an exorbitant price. So what?

If you can actually buy it cheaper at some store then do it and stop whining. My guess is you probably can't though, because every ammo retailer, online and local is seeing deliveries in fits and starts and while a store may sell it for a reasonable price, if it's not in stock it's a moot point.

It boggles my mind how badly so many gun owners failed to prepare for this. It's not like we didn't see it coming.

I can give a pass to all the new gun owners that suddenly realized that a gun is handy to have around when there's rioters in the streets and the police have been defended.

But anyone who had a gun in 2013 should have been buying a lifetime supply when they were basically giving ammo away from 2016 through fall of 2019.

If you went through the post Sandy Hook shortage and don't have a couple of thousand rounds of you favorite calibers, then consider this price 'gouging' ( aka 'the free market') as a stupidity tax, and learn to do better next time.

TL;DR. Just vote "YeS bEcAuSe AmMo Is RaRe"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom