• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ammo prices

Are people really buying this overpriced ammo???

• No, because I'm competent

Votes: 18 64.3%
  • YeS bEcAuSe AmMo Is RaRe

Votes: 10 35.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get ammo prices being high, I really do, what confuses me is ammo prices on ODT being 150% of what they are on the shelf at academy.

I saw winchester m193 at academy for today in 500 rnd cases for $.36 / round, but people on ODT try to sell, say, federal xm193 for $.75 / round.

I get trying to make a buck, but if you're in such a tough spot that you have to price gouge your fellow community members to get by, for the love of God just file for govt assistance.

And before someone gives me the "BuT mUh CaPiTaLiSm BrUh" let me say that I am FIRMLY in favor of a truly free market. That said, part of capitalism is the market self adjusting, which comes from 1) a decrease in demand, or 2) a cultural shift in public opinion (ie calling out price gougers)

/rant :D

I get ammo prices being high, I really do, what confuses me is ammo prices on ODT being 150% of what they are on the shelf at academy.

I saw winchester m193 at academy for today in 500 rnd cases for $.36 / round, but people on ODT try to sell, say, federal xm193 for $.75 / round.

I get trying to make a buck, but if you're in such a tough spot that you have to price gouge your fellow community members to get by, for the love of God just file for govt assistance.

And before someone gives me the "BuT mUh CaPiTaLiSm BrUh" let me say that I am FIRMLY in favor of a truly free market. That said, part of capitalism is the market self adjusting, which comes from 1) a decrease in demand, or 2) a cultural shift in public opinion (ie calling out price gougers)

Peoples would rather pay more than to put up with academy's bull ****.

GLWC/O

Peoples would rather pay more than to put up with academy's bull ****.

What bull**** is there buying ammo at Academy? Heck, they will even bring it out and put it in your car. I've never had a moments trouble. Walk in, pick up the ammo, go to a cashier, pay and walk out. Only time there is a small amount of bull**** is when I take a Bass Pro circular to get Academy to price match.

What's bull**** is expecting some one to drive 25-300 miles to pay 25% more than it would have cost at Academy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom