• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ammo Price Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I have made some excellent ammo buys right here from some great folks that had what I needed and were willing to cut me some slack on the price. Gouging is not the name of the game. Friends and folks that care about other folks are what makes this a great place to sit and talk and a great group to have a M&G with.

So I've noticed lately browsing through the ammunition listings, some (great) people are doing the right thing and posting up their ammo for sale for reasonable prices. I also noticed a lot of recent (less than a week old) ads where people are still asking $.70-1.25 for M193 5.56. Now, I understand that the prices still aren't where they used to be and probably won't be back there for quite a while, if ever, but I really think some people need to get a grip. If you spent $1.00 a round while everybody was panic buying ammo and now your 1000 rounds is worth $400, that's just a situation you've gotta live with. And if you got in early and started selling for big profit during COVID, then fair play I guess. I can understand why the $1.00 a round ads are still being posted, but come on people. You can get steel core 5.56 for $.60 a round from websites now, it's time to let the price level out and become reasonable again so we can all get back to what we love doing. I imagine we're all enthusiasts here, and I feel like profiteering and scalping should be discouraged in communities like this. I know this post probably isn't going to get a ton of traffic and might get some negative reactions, but to me it was something worth saying. Let's help each other out where we can, and play fair here. God bless.

Not everyone is selling for more. This store in Cairo, GA is not selling for $1.00/rd for .223 Rem. How does Federal .223 Rem 20 rounds for $13.99 sound? Last week they had Remington 9mm 115 gr aluminum cased, 1000 rounds for $400.
https://www.sgogunsandammo.com/category-s/1856.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom