• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ammo is out there..it is.

Found a crapload of self defense ammo at pre COVID prices at a hardware store today. They had plenty of 22, self defense +p 9mm, 45 acp and plenty of 556 and 308 too. Even Speer gold dot lol

They’re getting ready for the ban that is coming courtesy of the current White House occupants.
D04FA32F-D7E6-4C74-907A-01D73FB6900C.jpeg

Most panic buyers should have some ammo by now.
Most people aren't going to buy it at these prices and those that do are new buyers that only buy 1 or 2 boxes.
Just my opinion but its the established gun community keeping ammo off the shelves. Once they decide they have hoarded enough and flippers can't sell it then it will return to normal, hopefully. I went through a box of 45, 9, 40 and 22 yesterday at the range. It took me about 2 months to find that at a reasonable price.

If manufacturers are banned from selling ammo components to civilians they will most likely stop selling to civilians. Its not easy to arrest 400 million people but its easy to shut down a factory and arrest a few CEOs.
Overlooking the occasional error and payment under the table, importation of base components will be regulated even more and are probably already tracked.

Shooting sports will die but some people might be allowed rationed ammo like farmers or pest control units that have to log every shot.

At best we could hope for tracking like the pharmacy does with prescriptions and be allowed a specific amount yearly.

It could easily be taxed $25 a primer. Putting it out of reach for almost every average person.

This is just my simple mind forming possibilities. I'm sure smarter people could form even more.

Black powder is an option I guess

1E463721-3484-4110-B1FA-3AAE4DA7AA03.jpeg
If manufacturers are banned from selling ammo components to civilians they will most likely stop selling to civilians. Its not easy to arrest 400 million people but its easy to shut down a factory and arrest a few CEOs.
Overlooking the occasional error and payment under the table, importation of base components will be regulated even more and are probably already tracked.

Shooting sports will die but some people might be allowed rationed ammo like farmers or pest control units that have to log every shot.

At best we could hope for tracking like the pharmacy does with prescriptions and be allowed a specific amount yearly.

It could easily be taxed $25 a primer. Putting it out of reach for almost every average person.

This is just my simple mind forming possibilities. I'm sure smarter people could form even more.

Black powder is an option I guess

Back
Top Bottom