• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ammo at Adv. Outdoors - INSANE!!!

A month ago they had insane prices, but only 1/4 of that stock, so it was somewhat understandable, but it looks like their stock is get somewhat back to normal. I don't see anyone other than the hordes of first time buyers getting any of that. Even the Academy in Forsyth Co. had ammo on the shelves all weekend and still had some this morning. We're finally seeing a slowing of panic buying and increased inventory to begin to get back to normal somewhat. Ammoseek avg's for all of my different needs have gone down at least 1/3 compared to what it was in March.
What happened is that flippers realized they're not being able to sale their ammo easy, so they stopped going to the huge lines to buy ammo...

Just walked out the door at AO. I know, I know. Working on a fiber over here and had an hour to kill. They have Bench Rest SRP and SPP. Not on shelves and not advertising. The kid that works the reloading area said he was instructed to tell customers shopping reloading stuff. They have several powders and projectiles also. Pistol and rifle on both. I bought 2 lbs of 4166 Enduron. I know, I’m a liar. I said I’d never shop there again. I feel horrible but I’m desperate man, I need a reloading fix! Been jonesing for a while, starting to shake and ****.

5ak2t9.jpg

They have ammo because they've priced themselves out of the market. Academy doesn't have any because they didn't price themselves too high.

This is a perfect example of supply and demand. AO has ammo available on the shelf because it's priced high. Not ridiculously high compared with some things I've seen on ODT, but definitely on the high end.

It's certainly not putting them out of the market though. There's some folks that were blessed with the funds and the foresight to stock up. There many more that weren't. This is the price they pay unless they want to show up at Academy at 5AM and wait in line for 4 hours.

I was there a week or so back and saw the massive amount of 5.7 ammo they have there. It's $1 a round, but that's not a lot more than it was pre-panic, and you couldn't even find it then.

I saw 9mm there was $39 a box, but that's not a lot different than the $35-40 I see most gun ranges charging. And again, they had multiple brands and weights available.

Most importantly, lots of people were buying a box or two, mostly with new gun purchases but I saw a bunch of folks with ammo in the non-firearms check out lane. These people either didn't know how to search for better pricing, or simply figured it wasn't worth the time, effort and hassle.

As things eventually get better (late Fall, next Spring?) I'm sure their prices will drift down, but right now they seem to be priced just around what the market will bear, but not over that.

Hey, at least they have it if you need it.

I can't imagine needing it that bad but maybe someone else does.

It's called Freedom. Your business, your rules.

Like their range. When it first opened I found out they claim any brass that hits the floor. That's why I've never shot there. But hey, their place, their rules, right?

Oh, and all of ODT could boycott them and I don't see them going out of business any time soon. They must be doing something right.
Agreed, I don’t care how people price their junk. There’s plenty of sheeple to go around.

Back
Top Bottom