• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ammo at Academy in Warner Robins?

Huey Deer Processing

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
102   0
Reaction score
Wasn’t sure where to post this but does anyone up around Warner Robins know if the ammo situation at academy is returning to normal or are the neck beards still lining up on delivery day? I haven’t been up there in well over a year and really just want to know if it’d be worth it to go if I was looking for stuff along the lines of 22lr, 308, 45 acp, and 12 gauge bird shot. (If you don’t want to let the neckbeards & flippers know about it just PM me lol I promise I’m just getting it for myself)

I went a couple of days ago and picked up 2 boxes of 9mm. That was all they had. Maybe 1 box of .45, sprinkling of some other calibers. I wouldn't go unless it's convenient for you for some other reason.

It is an improvement, though. First ammo I've seen on their shelves in months.

Edit: Clyde always has some ammo.

Wasn’t sure where to post this but does anyone up around Warner Robins know if the ammo situation at academy is returning to normal or are the neck beards still lining up on delivery day? I haven’t been up there in well over a year and really just want to know if it’d be worth it to go if I was looking for stuff along the lines of 22lr, 308, 45 acp, and 12 gauge bird shot. (If you don’t want to let the neckbeards & flippers know about it just PM me lol I promise I’m just getting it for myself)
upload_2021-6-25_13-29-57.png

Clydes Armory or Chucks Gun and Pawn would be your best bet. The ammo situation has improved.You can call and they can tell you what they have. I live less than 3 miles from Academy in Warner Robins and seldom go by there because all of the locals have the same gameplan. The ammo that comes in is kept on shelves in the checkout line. You can quickly go in and see what's available and buy something or leave. They don't always unbox the ammo and put it all out in the morning. They do it when they get around to it so there is no advantage to being an early bird neckbeard.

Appreciate the info guys. If I’m ever up that way I’ll definitely give Clyde’s a look (personally don’t care for Chuck’s). I’ll probably just stick to driving to Butler it’s hit or miss but I’m a regular and they treat me well.

My opinion Academy was slow to raise their prices from the corporate level, probably because they already had prices negotiated with manufacturers so the ammo they kept receiving was being sold for much less than it was going for online, obviously leading to the people willing to stand in lines long before they opened the doors just to get below market prices on ammo, then once manufacturers raised their cost, Academy had to raise their prices, now prices are coming down online and Academy’s prices remain the same (again because I think they have a slow process for their prices to adjust) but if they keep selling out they have no reason to lower prices anyways.

Back
Top Bottom