• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

American Magic spectacular capsize.......

Loosen up the backside before going in hard...every good sailor knows that.
We sure do because when they started going over the back stay being hard on stopped them releasing the main sail to take off pressure and allow the boat to right itself.

D2AAAC01-7B03-493C-9FC1-A83C8AE5D8BE.png
CB7B2358-8211-42CE-BF11-A4CAF9CB5DA9.png

Something broke away inside and went through the hull.

Back in the 60's I went to Key Biscayne or the Inter Coastal water way, to watch the Air boat races at the stadium..The wind started blowing hard and I watched several air boats take off air born and flipping before crashing..They stopped the races after that happened..

Back in the 60's I went to Key Biscayne or the Inter Coastal water way, to watch the Air boat races at the stadium..The wind started blowing hard and I watched several air boats take off air born and flipping before crashing..They stopped the races after that happened..
Yes, these thing are going 40 - 45 knots, then add a gust of wind, one mistake and there goes tens maybe hundreds of millions of dollars. Glad I can’t afford it. :lol:

Yes, these thing are going 40 - 45 knots, then add a gust of wind, one mistake and there goes tens maybe hundreds of millions of dollars. Glad I can’t afford it. :lol:
Last boat race I was in was back in the early 60's. It was a Pram race just 10 footers and it was during a storm..Half turn over..But we all had a good time. Since then the only race I have been a part of was, doing Arial communications with Dr.Magoon in the Cigarette Ocean races..He was sponsored by American Express travel checks ..That puppy had 5 tripped out Black Maxes bad to the bone..

Back
Top Bottom