• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AMD-65

Just rattle can paint. Coat of primer, then light OD green. I let it dry for about an hour then cut some green pine twigs and placed them on top. Painted over the whole thing with dark OD and then some broad stripes of brown.

I'm not thrilled with the final look. I've done better in the past, but I got impatient, didn't prep the metal, and rushed the layers of paint. I'll take more time on the repaint after I SBR it and get it engraved.

More recent pics:
i260.photobucket.com_albums_ii1_blackplague138_002_26.jpg

i260.photobucket.com_albums_ii1_blackplague138_001_21.jpg

Aimpoint PRO mounted on Midwest Ind. ML2 top cover. 1/3 lower co-witness with the iron sights.

I took the AFG off. I would much rather have a handstop, but Midwest is not making one for the AK SS rail yet.

Rifle has still been 100% reliable. I shot some 154gr soft point ammo thru it. I have read that some rifles won't feed this ammo well due to the longer overall length. I need to get to an outdoor range, so that I can shoot it for groups at 100 yards. Guess I'll wait til after deer season so I don't mess up someone's hunting with the noise.

I love mine and changed the front fore grip to make it easier to put in 30,40 or drum mags, did the metal handguard in black wrinkle high heat paint and it looks good and don't catch fire when dumping a drum. Laser attached easily to front sight post and holds true despite the dragon beneath it.

AMD 65 dressed 001.JPG

Back
Top Bottom