• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Amazon has locked us out

So you are a constitutional lawyer?
Nope. Thank goodness the only ones of us that have to 'specialize' are patent lawyers. I am a "real" one last I checked though, which is all I was saying. Was not trying to be an expert either. The state action point I was making related to suing any non-governmental body (state actor) on equal protection grounds, there are typically state action requirements. Constitutional rights we are discussing are protected against infringement by state actors. Are there ways to get around it in the US Code? Absolutely. I was merely making a point about suing any company, person, non-state actor like they are indeed a governmental entity, it just isn't that straightforward, because they aren't the gov't.

Well I guess us gun folks are going to be in trouble when the banks, hospitals, insurance companies, doctors and grocery stores come to their senses and stop dealing with us.
Sounds like they are perfectly within their rights to just refuse service to anyone suspected of being a gun owner. Or related to one.
Hell, even friends with one for that matter.
Does that mean we will have gas stations with a sign like the old no smoking signs? You know - a gun with a slash through it - and that means if you support the 2nd amendment then you are not welcome here...is that where we are headed?

Well I guess us gun folks are going to be in trouble when the banks, hospitals, insurance companies, doctors and grocery stores come to their senses and stop dealing with us.
Sounds like they are perfectly within their rights to just refuse service to anyone suspected of being a gun owner. Or related to one.
Does that mean we will have gas stations with a sign like the old no smoking signs? You know - a gun with a slash through it - and that means if you support the 2nd amendment then you are not welcome here...is that where we are headed?

I am sure you knew this.. This is where it is all heading...
https://fortune.com/2018/06/12/bank-of-america-gun-sales/

That is exactly where we are headed if anti-gun legislation succeeds. I don't think it will ever get that far because at some point all the gun folks are going to say no mas.

Is a gun owner a lesser person than say a black person? What if it was a black gun owner? I find it hard to believe that any business in America can exclude service to another person just because the person's sincerely held religious beliefs included support of the 2nd amendment. So Amish people can now exclude anybody who has ever owned a gun or served in the military? Just because the Amish are non-violent believers?
Where is this **** gonna end?

It ain't ever gonna end. Jeff Bezos is a limousine liberal who, like all of them, want to take away your guns.

That is exactly where we are headed if anti-gun legislation succeeds. I don't think it will ever get that far because at some point all the gun folks are going to say no mas.

No mas? Exactly how can gun owners, who are a minority group, say no mas to a rabidly anti-gun majority?

Actually, it all may be a good thing. Gun owners can then know exactly who their enemies are and simply do business with their friends and allies. Of course, gun owners and their friends will also insist on equal rights and therefore exclude any non gun owners from their places of worship or business.
Then when the **** hits the fan it will be a lot easier to sort out who's who...you think?

Back
Top Bottom