• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Amazon has locked us out

nice try..but very wrong.
i can buy gun stuff on both amazon and ebay..i can pay with amazon pay and paypal...
the only way your argument works is if they drop everyone who sells gun "stuff"
if the baker had refused to make a cake for one gay couple,but would make one for you and your life partner,then they would have lost..
ampal is trying to weed out the little guys,not the big guys. they may make a few k a year off of the otd,they make a few k an hour with ebay and amazon..
see how that works,its all or nothing.
Wait, so you think that some 2nd amendment group can force Amazon to take payments from gun related groups because of the 2nd amendment?

I get the all or nothing argument and ALL of these liberal slanted businesses just pick and choose what they will or will not accept. I just don't think the all or nothing argument works on entities as large as Amazon or Paypal but did work in a smaller arena like a bakery in CO.

If you've not done so already you should contact the NRA. They have their own issues these days sadly but once upon a time they used to be a civil rights organization, perhaps there is still some spark somewhere inside the NRA that still cares about assisting legally with this sort of civil rights issue. Actually there are two civil rights issues being abridged here, speech and firearms ownership. These monolithic technocracies from the left coast need to understand they don't make the laws nor are they immune from them. At some point some bright and hungry attorney is going to get rich off this general area but it's going to be hard work.....the technocracies have had free rein for a long time!
I'm sure if OS was to offer to sponsor Wayne's new 6.1 million dollar mansion he'd be able to get some help from the NRA.

You can get all sorts of accessories on Paypal and Amazon. When you get too close to actual firearms transactions though you are now the enemy, not just a cash cow on accessory transactions. Both organizations have walked that fine line for years.

I'm sure if OS was to offer to sponsor Wayne's new 6.1 million dollar mansion he'd be able to get some help from the NRA.

I questioned the NRA on there renewal chat line about not helping the common blue collar guy's, and here's there response. _______________________________________________________________________________
_____________________________________________________. Crickets, chirp, chirp.

The problem with the lawsuit: Amazon and PayPal are not state actors. The bakery won on Religious freedom grounds as a private business...When the gov't starts trying to follow suit of the major tech players and other platforms (i.e. what Instagram has started doing in banning company pages, banning content, etc.), then the lawsuits will begin. Until then the constitutional arguments are extremely limited.

Sure they can...they cannot be forced to process our payments any more than a bakery in CO can be forced to make LGBTQ themed cakes.....

The Bakery won that round.....they don't have to make the cake.
Amazon would win, they would not have to take the money.

Yea guess you are right. I heard Amazon was debating excluding any white males period. Think that will fly? How would that be different?

Back
Top Bottom