• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Amazon has locked us out

One thing that may help would to put the classifieds behind a subscription wall so the bots and liberal non-member lurkers cannot get to them. Maybe if those sections are not publicly visible they will see us differently.
i respectfully disagree here. i myself am not against, and do pay, but that would add another barrier to entry for new people looking to see what the odt is about. As badly as it sucks, we have to just keep on chuggin. I don't think the ODT classified's are going to have a big effect on federal policy.

Apparently Amazon will no longer get my business.

I'm really sick of companies I buy from (well use to buy from) spouting their liberal bull shyt.
Yeah, i think alot of us are. Hopefully it will catch on to the tune of about 20million of us and then they will sing a new song.

Yep.

BTW What are you doing up so late or early?
Sorry brother, had to go up to my mothers house. I am up from about 2-3 am.... i am caretaker for my mother, sorta. She wont let anyone live with her so i end up going up there a few times a day and fixing her meals, managing the house, meds, etc., she is an early bird too, so it is usually coffee and danish about 430-5 every morn, lol.

so paypal does preferred business with ebay where you can buy all kinds of gun related stuff , makes no sense

I wondered this too, but in reflecting on it I’m sure is is because ODT facilitates actual firearm transactions vs just parts, mags, etc only like on eBay. This is level 2 of their anti-gun philosophy: don’t do business with peeps that facilitate the sale of firearms vs level 1 of their anti-gun philosophy: don’t engage in the direct sales transaction of firearms.

This escalation does not surprise me but dissapoints me as this forum is not just firearm sales only, but much non-firearm commerce happens here as well as excercising 1st Amendment rights of free speech.

If any lawsuit was to happen (probably class-action if it ever did), to me this would be the core question for consideration by the court: if an organization like ODT is engaged 50/50% in excercising 1st vs 2nd amendment rights, and choosing not to not support the 2nd also harms the exercise of the 1st, can a company be justified in doing what Amazon and PayPal are doing here?

Back
Top Bottom