• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Amazing What We Think We Need

Stuckon22

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Look a Man Straight in His Hairy Eyeball!
238   0
Reaction score
Kind of reflecting on the state of us Westerners today. We thought we needed all of our wants....entertainment, sports nonstop, pleasure, comfort and ease, pampered appointments, videos.....etc. Needs in reality are health, family, food, security, companionship, and empathy enough to be servants rather than the served. Maybe when this is over a lot of us will realize what we can REALLY do without......and what we cannot do without. Get to know your family, do something that doesn't involve a video game, build a campfire, cook something special, call that elderly friend who lives alone, look at your spouse with no distractions, teach your dog a new trick, finish with excellence all the projects and honey-dos you have put off for so long, sleep hard, pray for each other and our leaders. Availability is the greatest ability in the world. Stay safe ODT Brothers.

Kind of reflecting on the state of us Westerners today. We thought we needed all of our wants....entertainment, sports nonstop, pleasure, comfort and ease, pampered appointments, videos.....etc. Needs in reality are health, family, food, security, companionship, and empathy enough to be servants rather than the served. Maybe when this is over a lot of us will realize what we can REALLY do without......and what we cannot do without. Get to know your family, do something that doesn't involve a video game, build a campfire, cook something special, call that elderly friend who lives alone, look at your spouse with no distractions, teach your dog a new trick, finish with excellence all the projects and honey-dos you have put off for so long, sleep hard, pray for each other and our leaders. Availability is the greatest ability in the world. Stay safe ODT Brothers.

well said brother

It's not just westerners...it's every monkey on this lil insignificant planet.

I've been practicing social distancing for years already. Don't do concerts, sports events, Mardi Gras or any other gatherings like it, no 4th of July celebrations, no Birthday parties (unless I absolutely have to), no vacations in populated areas, no Christmas/Thanksgiving get togethers (unless I absolutely have to). The only crowd I congregate with of any size is at church, and that's because I want and need to. Guess that may be why I've never had pneumonia or the flu. And my life is still wonderful to me, I'm happy and content every day.........

Back
Top Bottom