• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Almost had one jump in my lap tonight.

Comanche

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
124   0
Reaction score
So I tucked into a freshly fallen tree for a natural ground blind.

I decided to do that because the tree I wanted to climb was too fat for my climber and I was running out of daylight so I covered my gear with leaves , hung a pee rag and tucked in.

At last 5 min of shooting light a deer ran up behind the tree I was tucked into.
I thought it was going to go around the tree but it decided to do a houdini through the labrynth of branches and came across right behind me.
I had to turn when it’s head was obstructed then I had to freeze when it broke through and I wasn’t fully in position with my crossbow.
I had about 6” to go and couldn’t move.
It was six feet away from me and sniffing around.
I was hoping it would turn it’s head the other way so I could move and pop one off but it turned and looked at me then bolted.
Of course it stuck around a bit stomping out of view and then about four or more deer ran up near her.

Oh well...maybe next time.
So that’s three in a row I struck out on.
Karma for killing all their friends....haha.

Those things u never forget about hunting ;)

I was in a giant hollowed out tree rattling some antlers one time and a squirrel seen the antlers in my hand and jumped on them :cool:

Yeah I have some crazy squirrel stories too.
I had one leapfrog on the top of my head once when I was hunting from the ground in some really good leafy camo.

Back
Top Bottom