Welcome to The Outdoors Trader

Register Now
  1. ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - Moved to Jan 22, 2022 - Click here for tickets and click here for info!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to The Outdoors Trader! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  3. Featured Listings are working again! Feature your listing on every page for $3 a day! Click here for all the info.
    Dismiss Notice

All-Veterans using My Healthy Vet Program!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread in 'The Men's Health Forum' started by DinkyDau, Aug 25, 2020.

1. DinkyDau

DinkyDau Your only as good as your word! Supporter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Something you need to know!!!!!!!!!!! If you use My Healthy Vet on line be aware!!!!!!!! This is a heads up and important you know..This is not a thread to feel Pity or Sorry for me Please, but very important for all Veterans who use it..I contacted them 2 months ago Via PM, to my primary care doctor in Blairsville..They are not taking any patients due to this Covid Crap..I have what I believe is a tumor that started near my left elbow. I contacted them sent pic's and they recommended going to the Hospital on Clairmont in Decatur. I told them with conditions going on in Atlanta that was out of the question..The said Via pm that they would have someone call me..I waited a month and during that time it is growing at an alarming rate and the nerve endings are right at the surface..You know with an injury you always seem to exacerbate the area and inadvertently bump it causing pain..Well I sent them pic's again and raised hell saying and quoting to them, that Trump keeps announcing the Veterans have a better program outside the VA if needed. I did not hear a word from them, Until this morning..No call I just went to the site and was going to re-up some scrips and saw that I had a message...Normally when you get a message Via pm, it is forwarded to your personal e-mail...She sent me the contact for urgent care here in Ellijay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get this on the 18th of this month!! 7 days ago...Veterans Just a heads up,,Always go to their site and check for pm's, don't rely on it notifying you with an e-mail...I will be leaving to go down shortly, I just want this cut off...Have a safe and good day!!

BH-ATL, 7pt62THOR, Rgrbulldog and 3 others like this.
  2. palmettomoon

palmettomoon NRA Life Member Wayne LaPierre & Chris Cox Hater

Rating
    100%
    You know.... I can cut that off your elbow. I'll bring the whiskey.

LOL. Just kidding. Thanks for the heads up.

DinkyDau likes this.
  3. 4ssss

4ssss Frontiersman Supporter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I've never heard of this site. Hope you get that taken care of. I know the VA healthcare is lacking in more than personal skills.

ChimChim likes this.
  4. GeauxLSU

GeauxLSU Corn Pop Staff Member Supporter

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Good grief, what a mess. :(
    In for a good post visit report DD.

DinkyDau likes this.
  5. DinkyDau

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I have a trauma kit with scalpels, needles sutures and disinfectant..I was getting close to doing that myself it would not be the first time..This is just in a bad position to do that...:thumb:

41mag and palmettomoon like this.
  6. potenza

potenza The Hen that laid the Golden Legos Supporter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I was a hospital corpsman ! My wife is a RN. Home health???? Good luck if you have any medical questions let me know. My wife, will answer , I moved into the automobile repairer world! Not people

Bushwick100, DinkyDau and 41mag like this.
  7. CTS Tactical

CTS Tactical The Hen that laid the Golden Legos Dealer Supporter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I have noticed the same thing a few times. Send them a message and wait a week or more wondering why they havens replied and go back on the site to see that they replied and I got no notification. Odd. but this just started recently.

8. keith089

keith089 Charlie17 Supporter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I have never had them message me and it went to my email. I have always had to go to the site. Also the Macon cboc let me do a walk in last month when I found a growth. They set up an appointment afterwords with a local doctor , had it removed and checked within a week.
    Bad thing is they don’t tell you this stuff until you press the test button

9. DinkyDau

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    https://www.myhealth.va.gov/mhv-portal-web/web/myhealthevet/home
    Just go on and register you can pm your primary care and all the different departments you have to use..You can also re-fill your meds and needed they will either mail them out or use UPS..Hope that helps

10. DinkyDau

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Just came home and the Doc set me up an appointment for next Thursday to cut it out and send it off..About time...