• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

All the folks asking $700+ for Glocks... (Thread on Economy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would feel guilty offering ammo at prices being praised...:censored:
Why? I certainly don't feel guilty when stock prices go up? I buy when they are bargains....like silver and gold and then I'm happy when their prices go up! Why would ammo be different? Or guns?

I think the OP is correct about the coming rough economic times. It is all over the news. What I am looking forward to is all the threads complaining about how low the offers are for their guns. Right now people are complaining and calling for "reform" and "policing" by the moderators for people who are asking "too much" for ammunition.

I'm sure the same busy bodies will complain some more about "lowball" offers in a few more weeks. People who get laid off and are having trouble making ends meet might post up that firearm they bought and never shot or "shot very little" and are going to be very upset when they can't get "what they have in it" back on the secondary market.

I actually have never "made an offer" lower than the price asked for a firearm here; if it don't think the price is right, I move on - but as the coming hard times hit I may offer someone $500 for the Kimber that cost $1,000 and is posted for $950. (didn't want to use a Glock scenario)

I know I risk being shamed by those who think I'm taking advantage of the desperate. Those who want to call this forum a community of people helping people and think that actually buying and selling based on market conditions is somehow morally wrong will call out people for making poor offers on things they are trying to sell.

Of course it could happen to me too. I may hit hard times and need to sell something. What if the housing market crashed and I couldn't get what I though my house was worth? I hope I can go on a forum somewhere and complain that people are taking advantage of me in a down housing market. If I decide to sell my 3 month old car, I'm sure there is a forum where people would applaud me for complaining about people ripping me off and offering me less than 95% of the value since its practically new, driven very little and still has the new car smell.

I am not planning to do any buying or selling right now. But I look forward to the crazy turn of events on the forum. I do hope I see some desperate selling by some of the blowhards who have been calling this pandemic a liberal media hyped overblown event that is no different from the common flu. I've watched the Nobel Prize rejects spout their version of how things really are and am looking forward to seeing them change their tune. Maybe I'll offer them $150 for their Glock when they fall on tough times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom