• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

All Stocked Up And No Where To Go

I have a build to. My point is why hoard? You certainly don’t expect to shoot that much. For one it’s a waist of money to buy something you have no at time use for. If I get into my “stash” I replenish it. Nothing wrong with it, just don’t understand the failed logic.
I train and shoot a lot. Some might call it hoarding, but those people are short sighted. I value maintaining and advancing the training I've been fortunate enough to receive. The best way to do that is with live fire, and for live fire training I need ammo...lots of it. A waste? Hardly. Look at prices 1 year ago to now. I think I made the right decision. Where's the failed logic in buying cheap and stacking deep?

I have a build to. My point is why hoard? You certainly don’t expect to shoot that much. For one it’s a waist of money to buy something you have no at time use for. If I get into my “stash” I replenish it. Nothing wrong with it, just don’t understand the failed logic.
What if in1 year you couldn’t get access to ammo.....? Would you think differently?

I shoot my ammo and replace it as well but I don't replace it during a panic with panic prices. To do this I have to have enough ammo to get me through at least a year without dipping into what I consider my minimum quantity. This panic is already a good 6 months in since we started to see the current prices and now that it looks like Biden is going to take office the prices are going to hold or increase. I say increase because I followed him closely during the campaigning and he mostly refused to comment on gun control so we realy don't know what his plans are. Between him and Harris and if he gets O'Rourke on board in a cabinet position the prices will hold or increase for several years. Remember O'Rourke is the "hell ya we are going to take your AR15's and AK47's" guy and he still feels strongly about a total ban on guns. Right now the consensus is that Biden will put guns and magazines and other items on the NFA list so we can keep our guns but to do so we will have to register them individually including magazines and pay the $200 tax stamp per item. If you don't have at least a years worth of ammo then you don't have a stash or surplus you just have a years worth of low cost ammo that you will have to replace with a much higher cost a year from now. That or stop shooting and just sit on what you have which is not a good option.

I shoot my ammo and replace it as well but I don't replace it during a panic with panic prices. To do this I have to have enough ammo to get me through at least a year without dipping into what I consider my minimum quantity. This panic is already a good 6 months in since we started to see the current prices and now that it looks like Biden is going to take office the prices are going to hold or increase. I say increase because I followed him closely during the campaigning and he mostly refused to comment on gun control so we realy don't know what his plans are. Between him and Harris and if he gets O'Rourke on board in a cabinet position the prices will hold or increase for several years. Remember O'Rourke is the "hell ya we are going to take your AR15's and AK47's" guy and he still feels strongly about a total ban on guns. Right now the consensus is that Biden will put guns and magazines and other items on the NFA list so we can keep our guns but to do so we will have to register them individually including magazines and pay the $200 tax stamp per item. If you don't have at least a years worth of ammo then you don't have a stash or surplus you just have a years worth of low cost ammo that you will have to replace with a much higher cost a year from now. That or stop shooting and just sit on what you have which is not a good option.
Guess I’m gonna be an outlaw cause I ain’t paying s***. If anyone else does so, they will in my eyes be just as guilty as those who voted them in. So talk of doing so is also irrelevant.

broski, love the energy...

but if you want, ill crap all over your ammo numbers. just let me know if you want me to. most of this site already hates me, im pretty sure they would hate me more after i posted pics of my ammo stash. and yes, im a hoarder and have been buying since the salad days.

Some of you need to stop believing that this is purely panic pricing. In the past 12 years, we have had 3 years of what people consider "normal" pricing. Maybe your outlook of what is normal needs a wake-up call. Ammo shortages and "panic pricing" is the norm. Sux, but be real.

Back
Top Bottom