• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Alien Gear

BillMe45

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
158   0
Reaction score
Ordered an Alien Gear hybrid IWB holster for my G21, nothing special but a quality, well made holster at a great price,just under $40 shipped. Been wearing it for about 6 months and I am happy, but like I said nothing special. That was the case untill last night when I got an E mail from them as just a friendly reminder that there products have a lifetime warranty and you can trade out Kydex shells for free (you pay shipping). I was very impressed and felt the need to share. They will get my business again and I would recommend them to anyone in the market for a hybrid.

I bought two holsters on their package deal, one for Sig P290, one for HK USP compact. I agree with you, they work fine, nothing fancy, but I got two good kydex/leather IWB holsters for less than most companies want for one. I like the big leather backing to keep the corner of the gun from poking me in my fat side lol. Shipping was fast, too. I'm interested in trying the Tuck 2.0.

After about 9 months use I have found one problem with it. The shell is molded for a gun with an empty chamber. The extracter/loaded chamber indicator has apparently been rubbing on the shell and it has rubbed the finish off. Not a big deal to fix by heating and remolding the Kydex. I can also swap out the extracter easy enough if I ever get concerned about LNIB looks for a carry gun. But word to the wise is to check for wear if your gun has an indicator sticking out.

Is the warranty transferable? A friend of mine just called me the other day and wanted to sell one to me for $20

I have 3 holsters from them as well. Two of the 1.0 models and one of the neoprene ones. Love 'em all, but I like the neoprene one just a little bit better. I've done a few shell trades with them already and always get my replacements in a timely manner. You can also buy the shells by themselves for around $12 and just swap them out. Only 4 screws needed too so it is really easy. Any holsters I buy that are for carry and not competition I will always get from these guys. They always have included a parts kit with the holsters as well just in case a screw or spacer gets lost so you don't have your holster out of commission while you wait for a kit to ship. The processing times for the 2.0 holster is a bit long, but that is from all the orders they are constantly receiving. They get my two thumbs up for pistols as little as the Springfield XD Subcompact all the way up to a full size 1911. Very comfortable and I've never had any issues with fit and finish. Now if they would just made some competition holsters it would be great.

I have 3 holsters from them as well. Two of the 1.0 models and one of the neoprene ones. Love 'em all, but I like the neoprene one just a little bit better. I've done a few shell trades with them already and always get my replacements in a timely manner. You can also buy the shells by themselves for around $12 and just swap them out. Only 4 screws needed too so it is really easy. Any holsters I buy that are for carry and not competition I will always get from these guys. They always have included a parts kit with the holsters as well just in case a screw or spacer gets lost so you don't have your holster out of commission while you wait for a kit to ship. The processing times for the 2.0 holster is a bit long, but that is from all the orders they are constantly receiving. They get my two thumbs up for pistols as little as the Springfield XD Subcompact all the way up to a full size 1911. Very comfortable and I've never had any issues with fit and finish. Now if they would just made some competition holsters it would be great.

the initial wait time was long like you said, but to me the product was worth the wait

Back
Top Bottom