• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Alien Gear Holster

jeff8600

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
27   0
Reaction score
Just got my Alien Gear holster in today and it is a great holster.
It is very well made and has a lifetime warranty. they will even give you a 4 week "test drive", if you don't like it they will buy it back. The best part is that they are only $29.88!
They are made for a wide selection of firearms. I got mine for my M&P 40C and the best part is that it works just as well with the full size 45.

i627.photobucket.com_albums_tt353_jeff0068_IMG_20130325_182259_853_zpsf11ccdd7.jpg

Here is the M&P 40C in it
i627.photobucket.com_albums_tt353_jeff0068_IMG_20130325_182421_910_zps384650aa.jpg

...and with the full size 45

i627.photobucket.com_albums_tt353_jeff0068_IMG_20130325_182330_716_zpsd0807b83.jpg

The holster is very comfortable and very concealable. I highly recommend Alien Gear holsters to anyone looking for a IWB holster.

http://aliengearholsters.com/index.php/

Ordered one for my Ruger SR40 when I saw this review. It arrived yesterday and feels very nice so far. The end of the barrel only sticks out from the lower kydex by 3/16 of an inch. The leather is right at 3/16 inch thick too. Good retention and it seems to safely protect the trigger . I was hesitant to order a $70+ holster in case the SR40 was too uncomfortable for iwb but it fits nicely. Looks like op's except in natural brown leather. Came with extra screws, spacers, grommets, and allen wrench. No instructions but I bet you can adjust the height and cant by the three vertical holes for each belt clip. I have it around 4 o'clock just above my back pocket and hardly notice it when standing or sitting in a padded chair. Even lying down on a two inch memory foam mattress is not a problem. Be sure to tighten all the screws before wearing it for a long period of time as they may work lose. Without much practice I can draw from an untucked overshirt in about one to one and a half seconds. Thanks jeff8600 for the review as I had not heard of this company and was looking for an iwb holster.

they have them on ebay for about the same price, but no $5 upcharge for the black leather. they only have a few models posted right now though. they have a listing for one for a g23/19 and i set a msg if they'd sub one for the 26/27

i'll save $5 where i can lol

i'd like to see a comparison from someone who has owned a crossbreed/mtac etc. I had a crossbreed a few years back and it was comfy and well made.

from the pics from the OP it looks like the leather may be a lower quality than the crossbreed was (looks like it is more of a processed piece and is showing impression/fold lines already)

I broke down and ordered one today to check it out. went with the brown leather instead of the black....we'll see how it compares to the ones that are 3 times as much

got my aliengear in a few days ago and here are a few initial thoughts. I have owned a crossbreed and many other holsters and wanted to compare it to the pieces the company says they compete with.

the leather isn't a high quality piece of hide as seen on crossbreeds or comptacs. it has a dry scratchy rear and a fabricated front on it.
the kydex is shaped properly, but they are using the same molds for diff size guns. I ordered for a glock model 33 (had 33 marked on the outside of the kydex where the trigger guard sits) knowing that it should also fit a 19 with the muzzle sticking out. I didn't order the midsize so that when carrying a subcompact I wouldn't have the extra length over the barrel. the shell is marked 19 on the inside, so they are using the same mold for midsize and compact glocks.

the holster shipped with spacers too thin for a glock. I could not fit the gun into the holster as it was shipped. luckily they ship a baggie of different size spacers and screws and I was able to change it out to the proper size.

the gun fits snug, but the cheaper leather printed up pretty badly.

the clips only come in metal and are decent pieces. there are 3 spots for height adjustment for the clips. it shipped with grommets for all heights which are exposed. they can be removed once you decide on proper ride height for you.

overall it is clearly a $30 holster. it's not bad...actually a decent piece for the price, but it is not a replacement for a higher end hybrid. definitely get what you pay for in this category.

I received my Alien Holster in 4 days, the fit and finish are excellent. If they can keep the price the same they will be very successful.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 332
Back
Top Bottom