• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Alcohol deals for trade fodder.

Plenty of coffee, lose rolling tobacco, and cases of the cheap gas station liquor 1/2 pint bottles, along with the recipe I'm using that makes a pretty decent wine. Everyone in my house has a marketable skill or two, and we still do a lot of things pretty close to "the old ways". Yeah, I'll support a local barter economy, and help defend it as well.

I like this guy.

Anyone know of good deals on decent spirits/whiskey in smaller trade fodder containers that would be fairly reasonable to purchase in bulk .
Not the baby airplane bottles but maybe a pint sized or half pint bottles.
Also need ideas on tobacco.

I’m thinking buying bulk tobacco and papers would be much much more affordable than cigarettes and easier to keep fresh in mason jars or vac sealer.
We haven't bought any tobacco for that purpose but I frequently buy pints and half pints of vodka, bourbon and Canadian whiskey. And they're all plastic bottles to make storage easier and lighter. To me the pint and half pint bottles make probably the best barter and storage sizes.

Not sure I follow. You predict an interruption in the supply of distilled spirits? If that happens, bottled water would probably be in more demand.
But if you must, make it Everclear so it can have multiple non ingestible uses.
Everclear and Golden Grain were both in short supply last year during the height of the sanitizer and toilet paper shortage. I get your point that being very high proof you could break it down in smaller containers like the shot houses do now. But I think in a barter economy folks might be looking for a strong drink but not THAT strong. But if you mean using it in place of rubing alcohol I guess that makes sense but not economically. The really high proof stuff costs a good bit more than rubbing alcohol.

You got some corn?

I used to laugh at the guys that would come into the wholesaler where I worked as a teen driving forklifts when they'd ask for 500lbs of cracked corn, 20 bags of sugar (25lb each) and a half case of Fleischmann's Yeast. When I'd ask them what they were up to, they'd say it was time to make mash for their hogs, LOL!

Well ya gotta feed the hogs ya know!!!! After you move the wash all that corn can't just go to waste, at least that's what I've observed from YouTube videos.

every time I try and stockpile bourbon I end up drinking it myself. I mean, that's kind of the point but doesn't help storage.

Gimme something with sugar in it and I can make it into booze. That's a better/cheaper/easier to store thing as well. I don't need to have 500 gallons of whatever booze stored up if I can make it as needed

Back
Top Bottom