• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Alcohol deals for trade fodder.

So where do people plan on going? To the local bartering market?
There was a capital city, I think in Bosnia, that was under siege for like a year or something. Society collapsed within the city for that time. A market eventually sprung up in one of the city's streets. They actually had issues with sniper fire until they hung up blankets so that the sniper(s) couldn't see anyone while they were there.

Barter, trade, and sale are not inventions of law and government. Even without the rule of law, there are people who will find it more advantageous to work together by relying on others to perform certain tasks and provide certain products while they provide their own goods or services in exchange.

For barter and not embalming...
Cases of 200ml well vodka like Boston, Takka, or Smirnoff
Cases of 200ml bourbon like Jack, Evan, or Dickel
Add some some Canadian blended, tequila, and rum, and you have a good barter inventory.

Big bags of roll your own tobacco. Make dime bags with it. You remember how don't you? :lol:
Dime bags complete with 2 papers!:pound:

Anyone know of good deals on decent spirits/whiskey in smaller trade fodder containers that would be fairly reasonable to purchase in bulk .
Not the baby airplane bottles but maybe a pint sized or half pint bottles.
Also need ideas on tobacco.

I’m thinking buying bulk tobacco and papers would be much much more affordable than cigarettes and easier to keep fresh in mason jars or vac sealer.
if you are buying it for trade goods in shtf situation, go for the cheapest off brand pints of vodka...you will likely be the only source of booze and the drinkers aren't going to be picky at that point...

So where do people plan on going? To the local bartering market?
Peeps are going to trade goods for stuff they need...be it from a neighbor, friend, or just a person that sets up a store as others have said.
Unless you have everything you ever need - and enough that you will never run out, you will barter and trade too.

Peeps are going to trade goods for stuff they need...be it from a neighbor, friend, or just a person that sets up a store as others have said.
Unless you have everything you ever need - and enough that you will never run out, you will barter and trade too.
The last thing I'd want is to have to encounter people I didn't know very well.

Wow this is great thinking. I always thought about stuff to trade with but not smaller bottles if liquor. Thanks OP!

I believe I'll find a good deal on a case of 375ml middle of the road Vodka. Could use as cleaning solution if necessary too.

Costco and Total Wine prob be the best....

Probably best to just talk to your local liquor stores, the more they buy the cheaper it is for them. Depending how much you buy you could get a 10-15% discount.

Some shops that try to buy up limited edition bottles have greater chances depending how much of certain items they sell. Best to buy by the cases. Working with them on their orders could be a boon for both parties.

Back
Top Bottom