• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AK Pistol Front Sight Question

Wombat7

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
414   0
Reaction score
So I got a nice Mini Jack AK pistol and was sighting it in today. I sighted it in with bore sight and the front sight post has to really be turned in. I turned it in so much that a bunch of the front sight hood is in view. Does anyone see anything wrong with cutting off the top portion of the front sight hood that is sticking up way up above the front sight. I don't want to make it level with the front sight post but maybe just cut off an 1/8" of an inch so there is still plenty of "hood" to protect the front sight post. Maybe it's just me but that much "hood" in view is just kinda distracting. I haven't run into this issue with any other AK. I think it's got to be due to it being a pistol with a shorter sight radius.

didya shoot it, or just going by adjusting to the dot?
If not try that first, might just be the internal thrust angle is off a tad.
If thats it, point & shoot gansta style, can't shoot IPSC with an AK Pistol anyway.

I’ve still got to sight it in but it has standard sights so I bet it’s still plenty accurate. Gonna zero it once the ranges open back up.

I didn’t think you were supposed to “aim” an AK pistol. Just kinda point and shoot!

images (6).jpeg

Shoot it first. Boresighting is nice, but it only gets you on paper.
What make is the pistol?
As far as cutting the front sight hood, unless it is done flawlessly, you will devalue your gun by a $50 to $100 bucks.

After you shoot it and getting it sighted in and it’s still like that can you throw a red dot on it? Probably a better option than cutting the sight hood. As Jeddak Jeddak noted it will devalue the pistol and could possibly carry the “bubba’ed” stigma with it if not done perfectly. If your pistol doesn’t have a side rail an ak master mount or one of the other mounting options would work.

Back
Top Bottom