• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AK guys, need some help.

i'd try shooting the two next to each other first before you make any choices. I personally cant stand shooting AK pistols, the blast is teeth shaking most of the time and that with ear pro. without any and im sure it would be pretty painful to shoot honestly.

Arsenal ak's have odd mixture of pattern parts. Barrel is weird and makes thr gun too heavy imo. Only plo re-weld is worth more than $1,000. Ak rifle is not as capable as AR unless you hate money

I think would really prefer another rifle over a pistol/SBR. I just 1) can't find any in-stock online or in-store and 2) I don't have the time to fully research which models are good to go and what is considered overpriced and fair for the current time. If a deal pops up by the time I'm done researching about that particular model, it's usually already sold out. Also, with current rifle prices, I could basically buy a braced pistol, and if/when they ban braces pay for the Tax Stamp/Adapter/Stock all for cheaper or about the same price as a decent rifle.

I've watched a LOT of AKOU videos and would love a wood furniture WASR but, I can only find the black plastic version for $900 or the wire folder paratrooper for $1100, which seems way too high. I know the value has shot through the roof but I'm old enough to remember seeing WASRs for $400 at gun shows and $89 SKS's so it's really difficult to spend $1000 on a WASR. I also remember when the AMD's and the M92/M85's came in at around $450, I should have jumped on them all, but was an AR guy back then.

If anyone has time to make a shortlist of proven, reliable AK's or Online retailers that I should be watching, it would be greatly appreciated. I basically watch Atlantic and Classic Firearms for AK drops, I know not to buy anything built by Century, Pioneer, IO, Riley Dynamics, but am unsure about some others.

1 example is I hear Arsenal AK's are great. At the same time I've seen videos and read forums regarding their poor QC. I like the SLR 107 series but have watched YT vids and read forums about them being plagued with problems, from the barrel coating bubbling off, rust, bad rivets, trigger reset problems, etc... Also, I know the youtuber KLAYCO uses a SLR 107 as his "do all" AK, and loves it and competes with it. Again, I'm not sure what a good price would be for a SLR 107fr. I see them listed for $1700 on up.. but also see ads where they were selling for $650-800 just 2 years ago.

sorry, for the long post, LOL, but man AKM/Variants are confusing for someone just starting out on the platform and also dealing with a pandemic/potential ban/shortage.

Love my PAP.

upload_2021-7-19_17-52-26.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom