• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AK Gas Tube handgaurd

Redboy

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
22   0
Reaction score
Looking for a upper handgaurd for a ak pistol that will allow me to attach mlok attachments, ideally something metal. The main issue comes with trying to find something that will allow me to keep the wooden lower handgaurd. Currently has a cheese grater handgaurd, if I could attach things to that, it’d work for me. Any ideas are appreciated.

I guess to better illustrate, something like the gas tube cover off of this set. But instead of plastic, aluminum. That would allow me to keep my factory lower handgaurd. The ultimak is a good option, but the idea is more to mount a flashlight off the side of the upper handgaurd. Thanks for all the help.

Attachments

• 07CFF909-98FA-432C-8038-9D232D429B40.jpeg
    07CFF909-98FA-432C-8038-9D232D429B40.jpeg
    23.6 KB · Views: 11
Most all AK rails are gonna have the gas tube portion attach to a lower Handguard to prevent wobble.
Khyber customs made a gas tube cover at one time that was slotted and I have seen people attach stuff to those you could try that or if you wanna be real crude take the mlok accessories you want to attach to the hardware store find a nut that matches the accessory’s mounting bolts , but won’t fall through the holes in the cheese grater.

Most all AK rails are gonna have the gas tube portion attach to a lower Handguard to prevent wobble.
Khyber customs made a gas tube cover at one time that was slotted and I have seen people attach stuff to those you could try that or if you wanna be real crude take the mlok accessories you want to attach to the hardware store find a nut that matches the accessory’s mounting bolts , but won’t fall through the holes in the cheese grater.
Might go with either of those options and use a gas tube spring to help with wobble. The idea here is to attach a flashlight, so precision isn’t really the biggest concern. Thanks for all the help so far guys!

The better it looks, the more likely its gonna cook your flashlight. Thats not the place to mount a flashlight on an AK. Better to use something extended up from the lower handguard.

Back
Top Bottom