• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AK 47, Romanian WSAR10 Hi-cap

I'm not an AK kinda guy, but I was considering buying one. Why does the WASR-10 version get a bad rap? If I do decide to get an AK, this was the one I was looking at. I thought the whole point of an AK is that it's the easiest rifle to learn to shoot and maintain. The things are virtually indestructible. I realize that it may be a cheaper version, but that's what I would want. How can you go wrong with a $400.00 rifle that shoots thousand of round of ammo with no problems. Just wondering!!!

I'm not an AK kinda guy, but I was considering buying one. Why does the WASR-10 version get a bad rap? If I do decide to get an AK, this was the one I was looking at. I thought the whole point of an AK is that it's the easiest rifle to learn to shoot and maintain. The things are virtually indestructible. I realize that it may be a cheaper version, but that's what I would want. How can you go wrong with a $400.00 rifle that shoots thousand of round of ammo with no problems. Just wondering!!!

A lot of people give it a bad rap because of the canted sights and what not. Thats not a big issue. I fired quite a few rounds out of my WASR the other day. I poured dirt in it and did everything I could to make it jam. I did not! Some people are just gun snobs.

There is nothing wrong with the WASR-10. Its like the Chevy truck of assault rifles. Sure you could spend more money and get the same truck with a Cadillac logo on it but whats the point?

As for the sights being canted, I believe that is done intentionally because they bore sight them at the factory. Im not 100% on this though, maybe someone can back me up on it. Every WASR-10 that I have owned has had the front sight post off center and every one has shot dead on.

The WASR-10 is a decent rifle for what it is. It is not really an AK though. WASR receivers are made in Romania, hence, no dimples. This is due to the fact that they are originally built to accept single stack mags, and rather than dimples to reinforce the magazine well, they use welded in mag stabilizers. This is done so that they can be imported as "sporting", and are not considered an "assault rifle" by the BATFE. Once stateside, Century Arms mills out the magazine well to accommdate the width of standard AK mags. The rifles have standard AKM pattern trunnion, so no modification to the trunnion is necessary.

Century Arms is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get....

Case in point: my 10/63 has the same issue with HP, yet my "GP" WASR (supposed to be an earlier, crappier variant) eats whatever I feed it. Guess I'll pick up a dremel. Wish I could just use my die grinder at work, but showing up with an AK would probably be taken entirely the wrong way....:)

Century Arms is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get....

Ive owned 4 or 5 of them and sold several hundred. Ive never had an issue either with mine or with any from my customers.

Back
Top Bottom