• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AK 47, Romanian WSAR10 Hi-cap

Its also a lot easy to bump fire with the Tapco trigger. I like the Tapco folding stock, mainly because it wasnt designed for an 11yr old kid like the original WASR stocks are. (seriously theyre short as hell) It also makes it much easier to sling over my back if Im out of ammo and have to run away from zombies in a hurry.

This is why I like the wood stock. If I run outta ammo than im using the AK like a baseball bat. That tapco stock would break after the first swing. It does have its use though. I just wish it sat a little lower. It gets in the way when you go to cock it.

I got a 10/63, I like it alot, refinished the wood on it and it looks great. It doesn't like HP ammo... will jam everytime, but with FMJ it runs like a sewing machine.

AIM surplus has Bulgy 7.62 steel mags for 8.95, NIW....I have 12 (with another 12 on the way)and not one feed issue out of them (unless it was HP ammo)...best deal on the net right now.

I got a 10/63, I like it alot, refinished the wood on it and it looks great. It doesn't like HP ammo... will jam everytime, but with FMJ it runs like a sewing machine.

Really? Thats the first time Ive heard that. My WASRs will eat up anything without so much as a whimper and I never shoot anything but the cheap surplus stuff.

Really? Thats the first time Ive heard that. My WASRs will eat up anything without so much as a whimper and I never shoot anything but the cheap surplus stuff.

yep usually the round gets hung up to the side of the bullet guide, sometimes it will it hang up at the chamber. I have been doing some reading and I am thinking about polishing the guide with a dremel and cut a feed ramp at the chamber to see if that will fix the problem.

yep usually the round gets hung up to the side of the bullet guide, sometimes it will it hang up at the chamber. I have been doing some reading and I am thinking about polishing the guide with a dremel and cut a feed ramp at the chamber to see if that will fix the problem.

You shouldnt have to do that. The 7.62x39 round is tapered because it was designed to feed reliably even in weapons without ramped chambers. Have you tried a different mag? In my opinion, HPs are not really necessary in AKs anyway. The 7.62x39 round will cause more than enough damage from bullet yaw and hydrostatic shock to be fatal. I use FMJs because I have found them to be slightly more accurate and I like the extra penetration.

Have you tried other mags? Does it do it on every mag? Ive never had an issue out of mine with hollows. I did have an SAR 1 that would not feed hollows though.

Have you tried other mags? Does it do it on every mag? Ive never had an issue out of mine with hollows. I did have an SAR 1 that would not feed hollows though.

24 mags and it will jam with every one....some after a couple of rounds sometimes more but it will jam with HPs. The only reason I have them is that I ordered the wrong type of ammo ( selected HP instead of FMJ....facepalm....) from Cabelas and could not send it back.....so its either shoot it or trade it and I haven't had any luck trading it out for FMJ's

24 mags and it will jam with every one....some after a couple of rounds sometimes more but it will jam with HPs. The only reason I have them is that I ordered the wrong type of ammo ( selected HP instead of FMJ....facepalm....) from Cabelas and could not send it back.....so its either shoot it or trade it and I haven't had any luck trading it out for FMJ's

You interested in selling some of that ammo?

I wouldn't use an AK as a primary home defense weapon unless you have to. The 7.62x39 round has way too much penetration and will go right through whoever you're shooting at and probably through the next 2 rooms behind him. If you have a good pistol or shotgun that would be much safer for indoor use. My Glock 23 keeps me safe at night and its the only gun I keep locked and loaded 24/7. My AK is more of a end of the world/zombie apocalypse type of weapon.

Back
Top Bottom