• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AK 47, Romanian WSAR10 Hi-cap

Patronus

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
152   0
Reaction score
Weapon: Romanian WASR10 Hi-Cap AK47. Black poly "furniture" with 2 steel, eastern European mags and 2 Tapco plastic mags. Purchase Price $349.95+16.75 S&H from Classic Arms.

Condition: Gun clearly in unfired condition. Machining about what you would expect, nothing to write home about but no visible defects or misalignments. Slide racks and functions fine. One mag seats well, other is tight. Tapco mags are similarly tight but ech time I "forced" them in the shaved a bit more off the outsides till they fit in fairly well. A few more trips to the range and I think they will be smooooooth ;)

Accessories: Oil can, "cleaning kit" and bayonet. Oil can is a tin can, what can ya say, Cleaning rod is sttacked to underside of barrel and kit fits into a small container, steel and functional, no frills. Bayonet is used..as in..is that blood? Nah, just dirt and a little rust...I think.

At the range: WOW! This thing can shoot. Clearly the operator needs practice but out to 100 yards this weapon can hit what you are shooting at. I only put 200 rounds through it so far but it had ZERO FTF or FTE. Two negatives: The poly forestock got HOT! after 50 or so rounds and I had to use the magazine for a forward grip and; the stock sits high so to get a sight picture I had to place the stock high on my shoulder resulting in all the recoil pushing the bottom corner of the stock into my shoulder. No real discomfort but a nice V shaped welt after ops.

Oh, The Tapco mags had to be loaded 29 instead of 30 or the bolt would not slide back on the full mags.

Ammo: Brown Bear 124gr JHP 7.62x39 from Cheaper than Dirt ($110 for 500 rounds). Every round a winner so far.

Summary: It may not be a $1200 M4 but for $366.70, this weapon rocks!

Nope, I went all the way to my local FFL guy(bout 5 miles). 16 bucks shipping and 20 bucks FFL fee. Delivered in about 4 days.

Btw I are dyslexic I guess...waSr10 oopsie....

thats a good price and even tho wasr10s are not my favorite AK ............ at that price I would buy one because most places I been in that had them lately wanted wayyy more .....

I hate plastic mags .......but sometimes you have to have them in posession to be 922 compliant with your parts count ;(

Yeah, I've never understood thaty but I have heard it. This one came with Tapco trigger, which I think put it over the top. I just went to their site and they no longer have this particular one there. They DO have the Hi-Point 9MM carbine for $279.95 with most of the trimmings(front pistol grip, quick mount light, tactical stock and lots of accessory rails). They also have a good looking AR15, Rocky Point Guns(?), removable carry handle, 16.5" M4 Barrel, 6 position collapsible stock, etc...$699.95.

When I bought mine, they were slow to post changes to the "order processing" screen but the gun arrived in great time. I think it almost beat the screen update...LOL.

I am forever in love with the WASR-10. I have owned 5 of them and after well over 10,000rds I have yet to have a single malfunction of any kind. I esp love the one I have now with the Tapco side folding stock and Tapco trigger. (if you have ever shot one without the Tapco trigger, you know what a difference it makes!) The only complaint I have about any AK-47 I have ever owned is the sights. I have yet to see one that was properly sighted from the factory. Its not really a big deal though, after a few dozen rounds you should have your particular rifle dialed in pretty well. Once you know where its shooting you should have no problem giving a man-sized target lead poisoning from about 250-300yrds. Gotta love the energy behind that 7.62 round as well. Its very lethal even through a cinder block wall and will punch through vehicle bodies and engine blocks like they were made of cardboard. Great rifle!

I am forever in love with the WASR-10. I have owned 5 of them and after well over 10,000rds I have yet to have a single malfunction of any kind. I esp love the one I have now with the Tapco side folding stock and Tapco trigger. (if you have ever shot one without the Tapco trigger, you know what a difference it makes!) The only complaint I have about any AK-47 I have ever owned is the sights. I have yet to see one that was properly sighted from the factory. Its not really a big deal though, after a few dozen rounds you should have your particular rifle dialed in pretty well. Once you know where its shooting you should have no problem giving a man-sized target lead poisoning from about 250-300yrds. Gotta love the energy behind that 7.62 round as well. Its very lethal even through a cinder block wall and will punch through vehicle bodies and engine blocks like they were made of cardboard. Great rifle!

The original trigger suck. I just installed a tapco G2 on my WASR today. Made a HUGE differance. I love it. Going to shoot it on my next day off. I dont like the Tapco folding stock that is on mine. So I got a new stock set. Going to refinish it a nice cherry red tomorrow. Should be one sexy WASR.

The original trigger suck. I just installed a tapco G2 on my WASR today. Made a HUGE differance. I love it. Going to shoot it on my next day off. I dont like the Tapco folding stock that is on mine. So I got a new stock set. Going to refinish it a nice cherry red tomorrow. Should be one sexy WASR.

Its also a lot easy to bump fire with the Tapco trigger. I like the Tapco folding stock, mainly because it wasnt designed for an 11yr old kid like the original WASR stocks are. (seriously theyre short as hell) It also makes it much easier to sling over my back if Im out of ammo and have to run away from zombies in a hurry.

Back
Top Bottom