• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Air rifle repair

Is there anyone in Georgia that does air rifle repair? I have an FWB 124 that needs a new piston seal. It isn't a difficult job, but I don't have a spring compressor.
Call Martin's Coin and Gun. He is into all of the high-end air rifle stuff. Would bet that he could make a recommendation on who to go to.

I had a silver streak .22 bought new back a long time ago..I loaded it one day and tried to pump it up..Turns out that the seal I believe, dried out so I squirted down the tube with oil and put it back in the cabinet..Long story cliff notes is....Son came over to visit while he was in college and asked about using the silver streak...I told him what had happened months before..Well he pulled it out to try and pump it...He said it was holding pressure just fine and fired it while pointing up......Yes I did have to pull the .22 pellet out of our ceiling.

Is there anyone in Georgia that does air rifle repair? I have an FWB 124 that needs a new piston seal. It isn't a difficult job, but I don't have a spring compressor.

Did you ever get this fixed? The FWB-124 is an older airgun that not many folks know how to work on anymore. Paul Watts (near Memphis) is an airgunsmith who knows the FWB-124 like very few others. He has a YouTube channel where he shows some of his repairs and upgrades to spring guns.

http://www.springgunning.com/

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

I had a silver streak .22 bought new back a long time ago..I loaded it one day and tried to pump it up..Turns out that the seal I believe, dried out so I squirted down the tube with oil and put it back in the cabinet..Long story cliff notes is....Son came over to visit while he was in college and asked about using the silver streak...I told him what had happened months before..Well he pulled it out to try and pump it...He said it was holding pressure just fine and fired it while pointing up......Yes I did have to pull the .22 pellet out of our ceiling.
Yep, those old Sheridans have leather seals, like the old Coleman stoves and lanterns. Many times, a squirt of oil will rejuvenate those seals good as new!

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom