• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

After the last gunshow in Columbus GA this weekend....

If you haven’t been, how would you know if you’ve missed something?
Because ODT, Georgia Gun Store, and Dahlonega Gold and Pawn offer much better deals/selection/pricing than any gun show I've been to. They are decent entertainment, but a waste of money and time if you are trying to buy guns and ammo at a fair price.

Because ODT, Georgia Gun Store, and Dahlonega Gold and Pawn offer much better deals/selection/pricing than any gun show I've been to. They are decent entertainment, but a waste of money and time if you are trying to buy guns and ammo at a fair price.

I am nowhere near either of those places, and will cost me easily 100 bucks just to drive there and back. A local gunshow, on the other-hand, is a fraction of the travel time, and I am just as likely to find what I want/need.

I am nowhere near either of those places, and will cost me easily 100 bucks just to drive there and back. A local gunshow, on the other-hand, is a fraction of the travel time, and I am just as likely to find what I want/need.
You can buy online as well, I see folks on Reddit Gun deals stalking GGS website all the time for good prices.

And by "fair" you mean below market value...so only "fair" to the buyer, not the seller.

I'm gonna do the old guy thing for a minute, even though I'm not THAT old... way back in the long long ago, around 1990, gun shows were AWESOME. The Gwinnett one that happened at the "Macro" building (a long shuttered store), on Oakbrook Parkway took up the WHOLE BUILDING. Not half of the remaining non-partitioned part. People from middle GA would drive up for it.

Ammo in wood cases, by the pallet. $99 for 1200 rounds of Norinco steel-core 7.62x39mm. $20 for 200 round battle packs of brass-case .308, etc.

But then Clinton ran half (90%?) of the FFLs out of business, and the "assault weapon bill" happened, and Clinton and ilk banned the import of the cheap ammo and a lot of guns, and so forth and so on until I haven't been to one in two years. And haven't bought anything at one in three.

Too bad; I used to like 'em.

One day soon I'll go to one in Texas and see how they are out here.

Back
Top Bottom