• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

After 44 years of being married, I'm not wearing my wedding ring anymore...

If married, Do you wear a wedding band?

• Yes

Votes: 49 41.9%
  • No

Votes: 60 51.3%
  • Put a ring on that taco.

Votes: 9 7.7%

• Total voters
I tried for a few months when first married. I hated it , I still hate the thought it’s not because I try to look single, jewelry bothers me to wear. Physically bothers me.

funny story , my buddy in Canada lost his ring his wife was not amused but he delayed in replacing it. She’s a good looking woman whose sales job requires that she work around men.
one Monday am she was leaving for work and had on no wedding ring, he said hey where’s your ring?
she said oh I though that we weren’t wearing wedding rings any longer…

he bought one that day LOL
LOL, I knew where that was going.....

tattoo is the way..
16362536583907534386624095699005.jpg

NO my wife didn't wise up and dump me:) I lost my wedding band Monday morning.:(
I am not going to lie, I'm pretty sick about it... Am I divorced now? :doh:
Getting old stinks, didn't notice it gone (at work) until 9:30 and looked (150,000 sq. ft. & 4 parking lots) for it for about 1.5 hours...
It was the original band I got when I was 19, and when we saved up $tree-fiddy (after about 25 years) we added a two tone band with diamonds on top of the original band, so I have always been wearing the original one, but with a little added bling.
After looking through thousands of pictures I have very few pics of my hand... FYI lots of Richard pics... (j/k)
View attachment 3649113

Should I replace it?
Go Silicone?
Flat Washer?
I do wear a watch, but my wedding band was the only jewelry I wore (excluding piercings, of course :))
Hell man, dont feel bad about it. I've been married since 1-14-2004 and have NEVER once worn a ring. Never. Love my old lady to death but I'm not jewelry person at all. Basically hate the stuff actually, and she understands my feelings about it. If you like the "freedom" of there being nothing there just tell her so and that there doesn't have to be an ornament on your hand for you to remember to uphold your vows.

I've pinned mine to my finger at work before and got a buddy to channel-lock it back round enough to get it back off. Later had a sports injury and just got it off my finger before the swelling hit (pic). It never went back normal enough to fit again and I just went silicone. Its way better feeling and safer too.

Pics of injury:
Screenshot_20211108-074509_Photos.jpg

UNBELIEVABLE!!!
The wife was moving furniture around cleaning for a house full on Thanksgiving, and she found my ring, GLORY Hallelujah!!!

20211111_143541.jpg20211111_143445.jpg20211111_143345.jpg20211111_143307.jpg

Maggie is so happy! Me Too!!!
I looked in "my chair" 8 or 10 times, it took awhile to work its way to the floor I reckon. So troubling that I didn't notice it for 5 hours, I'm buying a cheapie one for daily wear...

Strangely enough a wedding ring was the only thing that attracted other women to me. I'm married, and the interfere with work.
I have a ceramic one when we first got married I bought for myself but a tragically met the end of its life by means of a ball-peen hammer..

My first wife; I had a titanium wedding band on got it caught in a piece of machinery. It's not like you're going to wire snip that one off.

I'm a big fan of the silicone rings, just keep a big stash of them and you never have to worry about losing them.

I'm sorry you lost yours and it means a lot to you or you wouldn't mention it I pray you find it soon.

Back
Top Bottom