• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Affordable reliable Bug out vehicles

Not true at all in military testing of civilian cars. They had a low failure rate under 10% most running ones and if they were shut off they had an almost zero percent failure rate. This ignores the fact that radiation is a bigger issue because a nuke is the only other way to make a big EMP.

You forgot about a CME (coronal mass ejection) hitting earth directly. That would cause a an EMP on a much larger scale affecting the side of earth facing the sun when it hits.

Last time a large scale CME event happened was in 1859 taking out parts of the US's telegraph network & even shocking some on the operators, known as the Carrington event. Something like that were to happen, I wouldn't put much value in that 10% the military came up with.

Last time we were almost hit with a Carrington sized event was back in 2012 but just missed earth, thankfully since I wasn't as prepared I am today. One of the main reason why I prep so much is the chance of something like this happening. A true bring the world to a stop type scenario.

Hey I'm checking out 4.6 powered Crown Vic cop cars on GovPlanet right now. I want one bad.

Go see the Cleetus Mcfarland video of his Crown Vic race. He bought 23 used Crown Vics and did not even change the oil. They all survived 100 laps with no mechanical breakdowns. There were a few accidents

1985 M1009 CUCV Command Utility Cargo Vehicle 6.2L diesel, 4x4, 24Volt, NO electronics, completely restored, 6" suspension lift, no rust anywhere, all systems have been gone thru...
EMP's haha..
bug.jpg
bu.jpg

Don't do it. Neat idea poor execution. I have a friend who had one
yeah I mean they weren't perfect by any means. But for just something to drive around in on the weekends they aint bad. I had one for a few months before I sold it. Bought it off here actually, paid around 2k for it, had plenty of things that needed to be done. I found myself in a situation where I needed to sell it so I sold it for 3k. They are different in their set up and it takes some time to understand how everything works. I would recommend being mechanically incline before buying a m1009 or any of those variants, or at least have a friend that is willing to help that is knowledgable.

Back
Top Bottom