• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Affordable reliable Bug out vehicles

At my age, I'm voting for this beast.......Excellent fuel mileage!
Screenshot_2017-04-26-14-16-57-1.png

But there down fall is it still have gm engineering. The Pontiac in the original list is a Toyota. Plus holy ****! Is an Aztec ugly lol but it does fit the bill for being inexpensive.
Yeah I agree that the Pontiac/ Toyota Vibe probably has a better track record. But I had an 03 Impala for a while with the 3400 V6 . Water pump was all I ever had to replace. It was still running good when I sold it too cheap in 2016. So I think that same V6 was in the Aztek. There's a good bit more room in the Aztek than the Vibe. And as far as the looks ...well it grows on you. Or should I say it grew on me.
I forgot a couple of good ones in my previous comment. I still like the old style Explorers with the 4.0 V6. Had a 95 back in 05 with the ALT 4wd package. The MPG sucked but everything else was good to go. The other good candidate would be old style Pathfinders as long as you find one with a manual transmission.

Yeah I agree that the Pontiac/ Toyota Vibe probably has a better track record. But I had an 03 Impala for a while with the 3400 V6 . Water pump was all I ever had to replace. It was still running good when I sold it too cheap in 2016. So I think that same V6 was in the Aztek. There's a good bit more room in the Aztek than the Vibe. And as far as the looks ...well it grows on you. Or should I say it grew on me.
I forgot a couple of good ones in my previous comment. I still like the old style Explorers with the 4.0 V6. Had a 95 back in 05 with the ALT 4wd package. The MPG sucked but everything else was good to go. The other good candidate would be old style Pathfinders as long as you find one with a manual transmission.

It's funny you mention the explorer because I almost put that in the list. I had 2002 with the 4.6 V8 that was 4wd I loved that thing had 250,000+ miles on it when the trans went out sold it on here for cheap it was like new.(other the the trans going into 3rd ) and mpg was 16 solid no matter how I drove it. I love the ford 4.6l V8 I am sad they got rid of it.

It's funny you mention the explorer because I almost put that in the list. I had 2002 with the 4.6 V8 that was 4wd I loved that thing had 250,000+ miles on it when the trans went out sold it on here for cheap it was like new.(other the the trans going into 3rd ) and mpg was 16 solid no matter how I drove it. I love the ford 4.6l V8 I am sad they got rid of it.
Hey I'm checking out 4.6 powered Crown Vic cop cars on GovPlanet right now. I want one bad.

Back
Top Bottom