• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Affordable reliable Bug out vehicles

If you're bugging out, hopefully you have a plan for your final or at least next destination.

If it involves forest service roads, you can bet that you're not the only one with that plan and you might just be delivering a resupply to the guy ahead of you that has set up a hasty ambush.

If you have a cabin or property that you're escaping to, you probably already have the vehicle to get there.

If you dont already live there and know your neighbors, then you're the outsider they dont want coming to take their resources.

I agree with the older Subarus and Rav 4s. Although those might be a little on the small side for carrying gear and people. I didn't know they made a Sienna in AWD. That could come in handy. Mazda used to make the MPV with 4wd. But all those are worn out or crushed by now.
Personally I'd like one of the old late 90s Tony Soprano Suburbans and I'm not a GM fan at all. And since a Pontiac made the original post I must admit I find myself looking at/for Azteks. They have a good bit of room and some were AWD.

had one
a buddy needed a ride and i sold it to him. then he got another car,traded it for a atv,gave me the atv for what he had left on it, and the atv was stolen. i lost big on that one,and wish he had just given the cucv back.
oh well,i only had 1500 bucks in it.
now they sell for 6k

I'd love to have one all restored. I'd probably make it my daily driver and give it a normal paint job and some interior creature comforts for the family. I'd trade my jeep for it. Need to somehow customize into 4 door. Maybe like a suicide door or something. To get the kid car seat in and out of back seat.

I agree with the older Subarus and Rav 4s. Although those might be a little on the small side for carrying gear and people. I didn't know they made a Sienna in AWD. That could come in handy. Mazda used to make the MPV with 4wd. But all those are worn out or crushed by now.
Personally I'd like one of the old late 90s Tony Soprano Suburbans and I'm not a GM fan at all. And since a Pontiac made the original post I must admit I find myself looking at/for Azteks. They have a good bit of room and some were AWD.

But there down fall is it still have gm engineering. The Pontiac in the original list is a Toyota. Plus holy ****! Is an Aztec ugly lol but it does fit the bill for being inexpensive.

Back
Top Bottom