• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AERO BCG’s

What I’m used to seeing on Aero BCG’s is that the nitride BCG’s have 9310 bolts, while the manganese phosphate BCG’s have C-158 bolts. My understanding is that Aero does not make their BCG’s, so this would lead me to believe that they are sourcing their nitride and phosphate BCG’s from different manufacturers. That is conjecture on my part. It’s also very possible that Aero is changing what materials they use, or what they are spec’ing from their supplier.

9310 steel is cheaper and easier to source than C-158.

For my personal stuff, I only use C-158 bolts, and the only finishes I’ll use are manganese phosphate, NP3, and hard chrome. I try not to use nitride in my stuff, and I avoid NiB like the clap.

PK Firearms regularly sells Microbest phosphate BCG’s for $140-ish. Microbest is the BCG supplier for Colt, SOLGW, and BCM. DD sources their carriers from Microbest, or used to. S&W used to source their BCG’s from Microbest, but didn’t pay for High Pressure Testing per mil spec.......I don’t know if S&W still uses them.

Aero sources a decent BCG and I see few issues with them. I see way more issues with Fail Zero than I see with Aero. I wouldn’t put the Aero BCG’s that I’ve seen in the same class as Microbest (regardless of whose name is on it), Azimuth, Sionics, FCD, BRT, and others, but they tend to be decent.

We got a bunch of White Label Armory BCG’s in and they seem good to go. C-158 bolts, 8620 carriers, well-staked, and well-made overall. My only complaint is the nitride finish, but at $120 it’s a solid option.

Never bought from Tombstone Tactical before but did get shipping info yesterday (same day shipping) and FedEx says delivery is scheduled for Tuesday. Shipping was a flat rate of $9.99 for five BCGs and no sales tax. Maybe not the best price but this will allow me to match Aero BCGs in a few of my M4E1 Aero builds and re-purpose the PSA Premiums elsewhere. Thanks again D Dave550 for the link!

Never bought from Tombstone Tactical before but did get shipping info yesterday (same day shipping) and FedEx says delivery is scheduled for Tuesday. Shipping was a flat rate of $9.99 for five BCGs and no sales tax. Maybe not the best price but this will allow me to match Aero BCGs in a few of my M4E1 Aero builds and re-purpose the PSA Premiums elsewhere. Thanks again D Dave550 for the link!
Glad to hear. I’ve bought a few rifles from them. I also picked up the BGC’s they had yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom