• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

advice for growing grass

Same issues, just with Bermuda
Tried the seed route, but lawn spray dude used preimurgent , so no grass
I’m thinking using squares of grass

Any brand or species recommendations?

So as far as growing the common grasses under a pecan tree, it’s not going to happen. Normally I don’t run into this situation on the sites we spray, but I do see interaction from established trees on edges of projects. The pecan tree’s decomposing leaves and husks are releasing chemicals acting like a natural herbicide. I’m sure there are a few species of ground cover you can grow to stabilize your yard. I’ll call my supplier and get some options for you. The fancy name for the chemical interaction is allelopathy.

So as far as growing the common grasses under a pecan tree, it’s not going to happen. Normally I don’t run into this situation on the sites we spray, but I do see interaction from established trees on edges of projects. The pecan tree’s decomposing leaves and husks are releasing chemicals acting like a natural herbicide. I’m sure there are a few species of ground cover you can grow to stabilize your yard. I’ll call my supplier and get some options for you. The fancy name for the chemical interaction is allelopathy.

fun fun, wouldn't surprise me as these pecan trees have been here far longer than i have been alive. and i'd appreciate any recommendations at all, im not worried about the look as much as i am stabilization. would be nice not having to wash the boots every time i went outside with the near constant seeming rain

I had a guy lay sod last year. Of course if you go that route it's all about prep. The guy just laid it on the weeds we had. I'm curious to see how and if it comes back in the spring. If you hire someone ask for references. Nice guys will screw you. I know. I'm not the guy in the article but same landscaper and more cash.
https://sso.cmgdigital.com/static/server.html?origin=https://www.ajc.com/news/local/roswell-cops-look-for-landscaper-accused-conning-folks-all-over/dp28CoAaEposbTr7slhrcN/
link doesnt work

Back
Top Bottom