• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Adding 2" barrel extension to a 16" gun to make it a long gun

In for pictures of his conceal carry rig for something with a 16 inch barrel...shoulder holster? Single point sling?
...Appendix carry...?
View attachment 3716485
1638025759745.png

If I ad a 2" barrel extension to a Keltec sub 2000 will it be legal for me to conceal carry unloaded aka unchambered as an 18 yr old, or will it need to be permanently attached in some way?
your profile says you are 24....you can carry however you want. Also...you're a "DEALER"...you should already know this anyway.

Birthday Apr 4, 1997 (Age: 24)
Location Buford
Gender Male

16-11-126 is a law that lists all the exceptions first --the various circumstances under which the law does not create any crime.

Then, near the end of this long and convoluted law, here's the part that actually creates the criminal offense (this is the only part that you can violate; violating an exception does not create a crime, it just means the exception doesn't apply to you.)

16-11-126 (h)
  1. No person shall carry a weapon without a valid weapons carry license unless he or she meets one of the exceptions to having such license as provided in subsections (a) through (g) of this Code section.
  2. A person commits the offense of carrying a weapon without a license when he or she violates the provisions of paragraph (1) of this subsection.
-----------------------------------

Now, ask yourself this: can the crime that the Georgia General Assembly created and wrote here ...

ever apply to a person who is carrying a type of firearm that does not meet the statutory definition of "weapon"?

This is a drafting error in the statute that was pointed out when this set of revisions was enacted. If I recall, the final draft was by a woman legislator from Fulton County who was doing it "for the children".

The sloppy drafting has place the status of long guns with barrels 16-18 inches in limbo, but apparently it's not a real issue in real life, probably because most LEO are not aware of the supposed limitation.

FWIW, a similar kerfuffle in the Wisconsin law got the weapons charges against Rittenhouse thrown out, because the definition of prohibited firearm was ambiguous.

Just curious,
what good is an unloaded concealed weapon?
FYI, "unchambered" does not equal "unloaded".
I'm also thinking along the lines of an active shooter response bag. So I have more time to prep the weapon say 3-5 seconds. Along with a chest rig and med kit.

Back
Top Bottom