Adams arms 5.45x39 upper

GunsTrader

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
47   0
Reaction score
I recently acquired an Adams Arms upper chambered in 5.45. I want to replace the stock hand guard with a quad rail. I thought I'd save a few bucks and buy a cheap aluminum rail, but when I took off the stock hand guard I found out that the gas tube is a lot larger on it than on my others.
Can anyone tell me which hand guard to get that would fit over the gas system tube that Adams Arms uses?

They have a list of models that fit on their website.

They also have a schematic showing proper dimensions if you want to modify your own.

http://www.adamsarms.net/faq.php

Yeah this website is great.

It is wider because its not a gas tube, its a piston because those are piston driven (at least mine is). You can put an MOE handguard on there, or pick one from this list.

Mine is on a New Frontier poly lower.

Randomly throughout firing a mag a round would jam in the chamber. I didn't figure out what was going on until I let a friend shoot it.

The spent rounds would randomly bounce off of the shell deflector and go back INTO the chamber! I only shoot surplus ammo in this gun.

Switched to an H2 buffer and haven't had a malfunction since.

I have the M&P15R 5.45x39 upper on a New Frontier Poly Lower. That trigger was glass-breaking awesome! Now I have it on a S&W M&P-15 Magpul MOE lower. Just because I'm anal and like matching guns.
If you want to trade your Adams Arm upper for my S&W M&P15MOE upper, it's 5.56/223 :-P I'll build another 5.45x39 AR.

Back
Top Bottom