• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Act Mags 8 round 1911 blued magazines

Patronus

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
152   0
Reaction score
Bought 2 of these for $17.99 each from CDNN for my Sig 1911 Ultra Compact. CDNN shipped them the same day and they arrived 2 days later. Nice. Took them out and put about 150 rounds through the gun today using them and the factory 7 round magazines. During the shoot I had 2 FTF's out of one mag, back to back. They were the only malfunctions of any type. That was the second to the last mag of the session and the ammo was 230 Grain FMJ USAmmo reloads.

I picked up 2 Chip McCormack Power Mags yesterday and while they locked the slide back when inserted empty, they would not lock it back if loaded and cycled through to the follower. So for $12 less per mag the Act Mags are a much better incvestment.

I have also ordered 2 Mec Gars from Midwayusa and am waiting for them to come in. Will update after I get them and have a chance to takem them out.

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/19458rdmagne.html

Save your self a lot of frustration & get Wilson Combat mags.

Or Tripp. I have some CMC mags and when the spring goes bad I'll replace it with the Tripp kit.

I've heard that ACT and MecGar mags are ok overall though.use them until the spring goes bad and replace with Tripp spring/follower.

Or Tripp. I have some CMC mags and when the spring goes bad I'll replace it with the Tripp kit.

I've heard that ACT and MecGar mags are ok overall though.use them until the spring goes bad and replace with Tripp spring/follower.
Or you could just buy the right mags to start with and get Wilson

Back
Top Bottom