• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Acid indigestion remedy for me

Just1more

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Retired
220   0
Reaction score
Anyone dealing with this may want to try this. It may just work for you too. First, I’ve never really liked taking any pill or pink liquid stuff so I went the more natural way...ginger root. It’s found in the produce section of the grocery store and it’s cheap. Any time I feel the burn coming on, I just cut a small slice and eat it. Burns your mouth like crazy till its gone but oddly so it stops the burn in my throat and stomach.

Anyone dealing with this may want to try this. It may just work for you too. First, I’ve never really liked taking any pill or pink liquid stuff so I went the more natural way...ginger root. It’s found in the produce section of the grocery store and it’s cheap. Any time I feel the burn coming on, I just cut a small slice and eat it. Burns your mouth like crazy till its gone but oddly so it stops the burn in my throat and stomach.

Be cautious if the problem persists. A friend was self medicating for acid indigestion when he should have gone to the doctor. By the time he went for help stage 4 stomach cancer had set in.

Baking soda works, too. Just 1/8 teaspoon mixed with a cup or so of water. Don't sit or lie down for a few minutes while you wait for that huge "buuuurrrrrpppp!" A little salty, but it's my go-to homeopathic remedy.

Be cautious if the problem persists. A friend was self medicating for acid indigestion when he should have gone to the doctor. By the time he went for help stage 4 stomach cancer had set in.
Mines not all the time but if I eat too late then go to bed or tomato based sauces in some food. But you are correct in not letting it go unchecked. I spoke to my doctor about it a couple of years ago. He said if it works for me keep doing it.

Mines not all the time but if I eat too late then go to bed or tomato based sauces in some food. But you are correct in not letting it go unchecked. I spoke to my doctor about it a couple of years ago. He said if it works for me keep doing it.

put a brick under the corners of your headboard, elevate it a few inches. It’ll help a bit. Otherwise, cut out tomato, chocolate, caffeine, citrus, alcohol, stress, carbonated drinks, sugary foods and mostly anything good or fun.

I’d try Pepcid and the bricks first.

Lose weight, and a better diet knocks it out almost completely. Mine went from all the time to just being depended on what i eat. My go to is the little mixed berry chews from walmart. They always knock it out quick. Sometimes before im even done chewing. Plus a bottle last forever when you can go weeks without taking one.

I have acid reflux and take an omarperazole every morning. Tobacco gives it to me, I don’t swallow it either. If I don’t dip I won’t get it. Omarperazole works good for me and it’s cheaper than Pepcid if you have to take it a lot. It’s also a different active ingredient than Pepcid.

Back
Top Bottom