• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

According to Fox FDA approves

Wish I’d had that in 1983 when I contracted malaria in the Philippines. Lost 15 lbs in three days and I swear I saw the pearly gates a few times.

I was at Clark in 84, for Commando Warrior training in Crow Valley. Our Flight Sgt made sure we had our Malaria pills.

I was at Clark in 84, for Commando Warrior training in Crow Valley. Our Flight Sgt made sure we had our Malaria pills.
I lived out in a compound west of Subic and the NPA blew up the power plant so we had no electricity for a few weeks. I didn’t think to get any quinine tablets since we normally had fans blowing on the beds (no A/C) to keep the mosquitos off but I woke up one morning and it looked like I had been shot with #8 birdshot. A couple days later I was in sick bay thinking the morgue was the next stop.

I lived out in a compound west of Subic and the NPA blew up the power plant so we had no electricity for a few weeks. I didn’t think to get any quinine tablets since we normally had fans blowing on the beds (no A/C) to keep the mosquitos off but I woke up one morning and it looked like I had been shot with #8 birdshot. A couple days later I was in sick bay thinking the morgue was the next stop.
OUCH!

My son just had the shot (I think it was for malaria) He was supposed to go to Africa this summer but the trip was cancelled

Back
Top Bottom