• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Accidental shooting at Adventure Outdoors? (merged threads)

I was at ARO in newnan the other day waiting to be checked out and a father and daughter was looking to rent a gun before going inside the range. He talked and acted like he didn’t have a clue what was going on and poor girl(probably 15-16) was struggling to pull the slide back as she was pointing the gun around like crazy. On inside the range they went! I was making a purchase there and not shooting, I hate public ranges for this reason. I use to look up at the ceiling right where shooters stand, especially at Autreys Armory in Fayetteville(and many other ranges) and there were bullet holes everywhere!!!! F that lol.

With small pistols it’s pretty easy to point it at your head while adjusting ear or eye pro. People that don’t compete or shoot a lot usually have terrible muzzle discipline.

I always feel bad for the ROs at QuickShot when I see a group of new shooters come in... I doubt they get paid enough to ride herd on these folks. And QS goes out of their way to have ROs there watching over the line all the time, a lot of ranges don't really bother.

It just reinforces the fact that when you are teaching someone you need to be right up there with them and watching their every move. There's no social distancing when it comes to this.

Back
Top Bottom