• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Accidental shooting at Adventure Outdoors? (merged threads)

All the rules in the world won’t stop stuff like this from happening. The rules are just a CYA for after the fact.

i don't know what happened, and I'm certainly not commenting on the death of this young man.

I just know the ONE TIME I shot at AO, I felt like I had my own minder, who kept offering "safety tips" about shooting a revolver I had been shooting longer than he had been around.

tragic that the young man is dead. How do you shoot yourself in the head on accident tho? other than holding it kinda towards the ceiling while taking a selfie i cant think of how this could happen

tragic that the young man is dead. How do you shoot yourself in the head on accident tho? other than holding it kinda towards the ceiling while taking a selfie i cant think of how this could happen
I've seen people look down the muzzle of a loaded weapon after a misfire and pulled the trigger again, Darwin had it right :doh:

This is why I introduce new shooters 1 bullet at a time in my guns and we move up from there. This is tragic and I know many of us here could never imagine this happening but i almost got shot myself when a lady friend of mine recieved a nice hot casing in her shirt. She almost turned around finger on trigger before I rushed the pistol out of her hands. Accidents definitely do happen. Be careful with your loved ones.

Back
Top Bottom