AAC Ranger 2 suppressor, need advice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkdailey

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
354   0
Reaction score
I just came across a good deal on a AAC Ranger 2 suppressor in .223 and have considered building/ buying a short upper. I'll likely submit the paperwork for a SBR and the Ranger at the same time. I am not currently in possession of either.

What I'd like to know is, what is the best upper to go with to avoid any issues (e.g. FTF, FTE, reduced life, etc)? I have read about switchblocks, proper barrel lengths, etc., etc. Is it really that difficult?

I have a Ruger 556, but I will likely dedicate the Ranger to a SBR, so I am not concerned that quick detach is not an option. I think I'd like the suppressor to emerge from under the rail versus seeing the barrel then the suppressor.

Any thoughts, guidance and suggestions are appreciated.

Again, I am getting a great deal on the Ranger, so I am not looking for suggestions on other suppressors if this one is not the bee's knees.

Thanks,
Jason

Last edited:
Get a lmt 10.5" upper or a bcm 11.5" and an 11 or 12" rail, respectively, and call it a day. I've had both, and run both suppressed. Both ran like scalded dogs with plenty of lube, a good full auto bcg, and an h buffer.

Make sure you take that can off every once and a while and clean the threads and muzzle. I've seen a lot of pics of thread on cans left on too long that got rust-welded on. The heat and powder attracts moisture.

Anything 10.5 and up will work just fine. I run a 14.7 LWRC M6A3 since it has the gas regulation on it. Everything from LWRC runs great suppressed, but if you go with anything less than a 10.5 then AAC won't warranty the can. Plus it wears out the blast baffle much faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom