• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Aaaaaagh Stuck Case in Sizing Die

Hornady One Shot in a Ziplok bag works great.

Previously I used a shoe box lined with newspaper, and Dillon case lube. That worked great, too. But the newspaper eventually wore out, and so much for that technique.

If you put them in a loading tray, One Shot will let you get the mouths, too at the same time. But it takes a long time to do that with a large batch of brass.

hell... I use some 20-50 motor oil I had left over from the 1980's. I toss the cases in a zip-lock bag with a couple squirts of oil, let it sit until the bag's about 1/2 full and size/decap them. Then they get wet-tumbled, trimmed and deburred.

10% lanolin, 90% alcohol. Alcohol should be 91% minimum, preferably 99%. I keep a 32oz spray bottle, few squirts of brass in an old paint roller tray, let it sit out for a bit for the alcohol to flash off, good to go. Switched entirely to lanolin about three years back and haven't stuck a case since......several tens of thousands resized that way.

After sizing they go to wet tumble with dawn, citric acid (mainly to soften the water) and wax.

Was sizing a huge batch of 308 Win, and it never fails, I always get a case stuck and have to pound it out with the de-capping rod.

I knew there was a reason I quit doing big batches of rifle loads.
I mix my own lube, I use 4oz of lanolin, to 16 oz of 90 percent isopropyl ( important to use 90 percent, because of water content) shake it up and put it in a sprayer, I’ve never had 1 stick using this, and is quite a bit cheaper in the long run!..I reload quite a bit

Back
Top Bottom