• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A Virtual Community Theater

Ex313

Air Force Icon Supporter
Wooba Gooba With The Green Teeth
13   0
Reaction score
All right gang. for almost 20 years in Michigan I was performing in dinner theaters and amateur community theaters and a couple of weird things and down here in Georgia that type of thing doesn't exist yet. There are some community theaters down here, but you'll never get a part unless you’re friends with the director or something, so I stopped trying,

I had an opportunity to do this project with a group of people.

it is a virtual community theater. We had people from all over the country record their lines and submit them to the producer who then put them together in the order in which they were supposed to be he added some sound effects and some background music and you'll hear the product of this effort at the link below .I have a small part, I'm playing Eustace the Undertaker.

The producers name is Jenner and he literally spent days putting this together at the expense of his sleep . he was the one who knitted this project together and put in the incidental sounds and background music and if I'm not mistaken, he wrote some of the music. Fred who owns the podcast that contains the play is the writer of the script I think he did a rather good job and Jenner was above and beyond in his contribution. Since I cannot drive to rehearsals this is perfect venue for me

This is on a direct link to Fred's podcast it may require you to install something on your phone.
https://www.podbean.com/ew/dir-kvkwa-bb5e956

this link won't require you to install anything so it's up to you.

https://jwtgirl.buzzsprout.com/1077...-special-stargazer-s-only-through-fire-part-1

let me know what you think. I had fun doing it and I'm looking forward to doing more shows with them Given the social situation with covid virtual community theaters are probably going to be the wave of the future although I can't see how we would put on a show like Oklahoma.Who knows.

Back
Top Bottom