• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A Tale of Two Crush Washers, or Two Crush Washers One Barrel, and other AR oddities

Here is a "just as good".... factory fresh Q, Honey Badger... it's missing something.... I just want to know how it test fired?
20210330_141506.jpg

That’s one way to ruin a brand new DDM4V7.

Don’t drive in the trigger guard roll pin without some kind of support in there to prevent this from happening. The trigger guard itself should suffice.

View attachment 3194727
I’d at least Contact DD with there customer service I wouldn’t be surprised if they gave you a new rifle

I wouldn’t say that it’s trashed. I would say that a repair isn’t very cost effective, or a repair that is simple and easy won’t be very strong.

The best solution is a new lower. But....

If you're good or "know a guy" it can be welded; but then it ain't "T6" anymore, at least not around the weld, because the solution heat treat is gone. It will be weaker, by a lot. Will the loss of strength cause problems? Probably not, as the trigger guard shouldn't be be that highly stressed.

You could always JB Weld it, but I'd permanently bond the trigger guard in place with it for extra support.

These are the redneck solutions, and not recommended. But, if it's a range toy, or if you're broke and need a temporary fix, I say go for it. May not be the right way, but I wouldn't call it unsafe as long as you've got the wherewithal to put it away if the trigger guard breaks off again.

or put that Stark grip on it and use that as a way to always remember your mistake. People have scars, why shouldn't rifles?

Back
Top Bottom