• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A special deer harvest

Ryno1819

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
87   0
Reaction score
So while laying in the hospital in February after having my left leg amputated I was thinking about all the things I would no longer be able to do. I was fitted for a prosthetic leg and June and decided that I would not let anything stop me from being a husband, father and hunter. I made it my goal to harvest a good buck this year and put in the time. My son Mason helped set up a ground blind and trim some shooting lanes. We put out bag after bag of corn trying to draw the deer to an 80 acre tract of land in Upson County. Well this morning Mason made it a point to get up and go with me. At 704 this nice 8 Pointer stepped out and gave me a shot. He is not the biggest we had on camera by any means but a mighty fine deer in my opinion. He's not the largest I have killed but this may be the best harvest I have ever had after overcoming five grueling weeks in the hospital and seven different surgical procedures. I thank the good Lord for blessing me this morning and more importantly for allowing me to stay around a little bit longer!
cropped.jpg
unnamed (4).jpg
unnamed (1).jpg

Back
Top Bottom