• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A Serious Question . . .

Redneck1919

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
46   0
Reaction score
Yeah, I should know better, it is the ODT, but will attempt anyway.

I know the Hollywood version is BS. I am very curious as to exactly how the Special Forces manage to silence their weapons when in an operation where they have to maintain surprise, such as taking out sentries or entering a building quietly.

I have seen nothing that will suppress .556 or even 9mm adequately. I think these are the calibers they normally would use, other than snipers.

I am pretty sure that Seal teams used an integrally suppressed Ruger MK II 22 LR. Not sure if other branches used the same pistol or not.

Yeah, I should know better, it is the ODT, but will attempt anyway.

I know the Hollywood version is BS. I am very curious as to exactly how the Special Forces manage to silence their weapons when in an operation where they have to maintain surprise, such as taking out sentries or entering a building quietly.

I have seen nothing that will suppress .556 or even 9mm adequately. I think these are the calibers they normally would use, other than snipers.
My Can with subsonic 9 milly runs pretty damn quiet

I owned a supressed ar15 model 639 all the supressor does is prevents it from blasting you eardrums out and helps keep the flash down from that 11 inch barrel so you are not blinded shooting at night. It will not quieten a super sonic 223 round. Hollywood is just that HOLLYWOOD.

I owned a supressed ar15 model 639 all the supressor does is prevents it from blasting you eardrums out and helps keep the flash down from that 11 inch barrel so you are not blinded shooting at night. It will not quieten a super sonic 223 round. Hollywood is just that HOLLYWOOD.

I know. That is why I asked the question.

Yall need to get out more. Plenty of suppressed weapons/ammo combos that are nearly hollywood quiet. The hammer falling is louder than the report, and the bullet smack many times louder.

Tunnel rats had silent revolvers made by S&W, VERY quiet as there was no escaping gas.

Yall need to get out more. Plenty of suppressed weapons/ammo combos that are nearly hollywood quiet. The hammer falling is louder than the report, and the bullet smack many times louder.

Tunnel rats had silent revolvers made by S&W, VERY quiet as there was no escaping gas.

Since I can't get out more, tell me of some of these.
I am not talking about .22 caliber. I have a .22 suppressor and hosts that are indeed hollywood quiet with the right ammo.

Back
Top Bottom