• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A question for those buying gold for SHTF

Yup. SHTF nobody is going to care about gold or silver. I think ammo will be the currency in SHTF.

Look at how well Kyle is doing with actually USING that ammo.

Any semblance of a government will outlaw ammo for the duration of "shtf" scenario.

During a bear attack, or riot, sure.

But that bear gets tired after a while and leaves, same with rioters.

Then, how do you pay for the new roof, or septic tank? With beans and rice?

Your 401k, stocks and bonds will lose all value. Gold will still retain its value.
All values will fall, especially gold. At least historically. Silver has showed stability better than gold.
But you are assuming there is still a working society at that point.
Like I said when it’s time to rebuild society precious items will be important, but not during the incident(s).

Precious medals have a use during a SHTF situation. Something as simple as crossing a bridge that is now under the control of a well armed group might require you to barter your way thru. If you think you’re just gonna sit it out and everything is gonna be rainbows and butterfly’s you’re kidding yourself.

All values will fall, especially gold. At least historically. Silver has showed stability better than gold.
But you are assuming there is still a working society at that point.
Like I said when it’s time to rebuild society precious items will be important, but not during the incident(s).

It will not be worldwide. Take your gold and start over. Try that with your beans and rice.

Name one time on history gold has dropped below silver.

Show me "an incident" where gold coins had no value as a currency between private citizens, consumers and merchants, etc?
Did that happen during the Great Depression?
Did Europe experience that during WWII?
How about the plague- Black Death?
Maybe during the great famine of 1316?

Show me a time period in the history of Western Civilization where people who were known to value gold and silver coins BEFORE a crisis lost interest in them and did not use them during that crisis.

Back
Top Bottom