• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A peek at your CCW

Sounds like some of you guys are ready for universal background checks if it becomes law tomorrow.... The reason most people buy from an individual versus a gun store is to NOT have your personal info tied to the gun, if God forbid one day government confiscation happens, they don’t know you have it. Common sense to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What does that have to do with a "peek" of a carry card? No info given, not long enough for anyone to see and memorize anything.

How does “taking a peek at your CCW” tie your information to the gun?
What does that have to do with a "peek" of a carry card? No info given, not long enough for anyone to see and memorize anything.

It's just that it's one step closer to "CCW or background check required by law"... which is one step closer to other laws. If taking a peek at a CCW becomes normalized, then making into a law becomes easier.

I get that there may be a vast gap between those but I do see a connection.

I just don't see any cost and don't see much hassle to it. I'd say something truthful to the effect of: "I sold that gun years ago. No idea where or when I sold it, I do a fair amount of trading." My biggest concern would be that they'd subpoena my internet history to verify my alibi of sitting at home playing on my phone (they can't arrest me for liking midgets though). If the cops really thought there was a chance that I committed some crime with a gun, a piece of paper that I printed from the internet isn't going to save me enough trouble to make it worthwhile.
It might go the way you've reasoned. It's possible and just because you were the last registered owner, it isn't proof that you were directly connected to a crime scene. But, the quickest way to get off their radar is to credibly prove to them that you sold it years ago and to put them back on the trail pursuing the next guy in the chain of custody of the gun. In general, the less legal liability I'm attached to the better, in my opinion.

It might go the way you've reasoned. It's possible and just because you were the last registered owner, it isn't proof that you were directly connected to a crime scene. But, the quickest way to get off their radar is to credibly prove to them that you sold it years ago and to put them back on the trail pursuing the next guy in the chain of custody of the gun. In general, the less legal liability I'm attached to the better, in my opinion.

This is a fact.

If that weapon is tied to a murder and its traced back to you, I’d bet you’d do everything you can, including giving names, to get that conviction going the direction it belongs.
So, quick look at a permit or license means zilch... you’d give a name either way. I think it just means you tried to do right by not selling to a convicted felon or gangbanger.

If that weapon is tied to a murder and its traced back to you, I’d bet you’d do everything you can, including giving names, to get that conviction going the direction it belongs.
So, quick look at a permit or license means zilch... you’d give a name either way. I think it just means you tried to do right by not selling to a convicted felon or gangbanger.
Bingo! They will want to know whether or not you complied with the law in GA for private transfers.

A few years back I had a new member with one positive feed back(From a Long Time Member that sold him a Glock Pistol) PM me about purchasing a 2 Glocks I had listed so we agreed on price, time, location. I went to the meet and as soon as I saw the new member "RED FLAGS ARE GOING UP" first thing he does is flash 100.00 bills well the first thing I did was to ask him to show me his GADL and GWCL and he could not produce either and tried to give me excuses so no deal and I drove away the new member calls me and says one of his roommates would buy it and I told him to F***Off basically.

So do you think the Long Time Member that sold him the Glock Pistol made the right choice or Did I make the right choice.

I don't mind showing or asking for ID whether or not it was agreed upon first. It just makes me feel good at the end of the day.

Back
Top Bottom